Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 181

Thread: Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

  1. #151

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    Did anyone find his higlights against Elche?

    Here is his missed chance. Should've probably scored but a nice run and good composure in front of the goal.




    Also had a great assist for Ruben Castro's goal which was ruled out for offside.




    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Send him out on a loan until we get rid of the rot in the squad.
    Yeah, the same with Trincao and Fati. Just let Messi and his amigos play out their contracts and then start a rebuild in 2022/23.

  3. #153
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Yeah, the same with Trincao and Fati. Just let Messi and his amigos play out their contracts and then start a rebuild in 2022/23.
    Some of you are tripping

    Pedri should be loaned out though. He doesnt strike me as ready (not that I watched a lot of him to be honest, just the general impression).

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Some of you are tripping
    Why? Do you really expect us to win anything until the old core is here?

  5. #155
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,477
    I dont want our players to be loaned to La Liga teams, I want them to go abroad to further develop some elements in their game like physicality and intensity. I would love to see more of our players in Premier League like Pique and Cesc but no PL team will probably loan a kid.

    Otherwise a Bundesliga team but need to be a good fit and promised play time.

    Unlike many of our other talents this guy is a true elite talent.

  6. #156
    Member
    Batistuta9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Why? Do you really expect us to win anything until the old core is here?
    We won't win anything with just old players, just as we won't win anything with just young players. Imagine if the old core wasn't there and there was more expected from the likes of puig and ansu, they would crumble. We need to find the balance between young and old players. Something that all good teams have

  7. #157
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,737
    If I had to choose though, I would rather us fumble with a young team than an old one. The old team just looks tired, spent, and decaying like a week old corpse. At least a young team would go out on their shield.

    Not that it's mutually exclusive, we should definitely make room for high value veterans where we have them. But if the question for X position is a risk of continuing with a declining player who's old vs a developing player who is young, I'd rather place the bets on the young player and sow the consequences even if that mentality ends up being a mistake in certain cases.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    If I had to choose though, I would rather us fumble with a young team than an old one. The old team just looks tired, spent, and decaying like a week old corpse. At least a young team would go out on their shield.

    Not that it's mutually exclusive, we should definitely make room for high value veterans where we have them. But if the question for X position is a risk of continuing with a declining player who's old vs a developing player who is young, I'd rather place the bets on the young player and sow the consequences even if that mentality ends up being a mistake in certain cases.
    100% agree. Just seeing Fati and Puig play couple days ago made my day, even though we lost. It was the most exciting 45min we have played in a long time.

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,967
    We didn't lose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riordon View Post
    I dont want our players to be loaned to La Liga teams, I want them to go abroad to further develop some elements in their game like physicality and intensity. I would love to see more of our players in Premier League like Pique and Cesc but no PL team will probably loan a kid.

    Otherwise a Bundesliga team but need to be a good fit and promised play time.

    Unlike many of our other talents this guy is a true elite talent.
    I do usually prefer loaning them to La Liga teams because it's the league I follow the most and it's also easier for the players to adapt than going to another country where they could struggle to learn new language etc. which could negatively affect their development. But if our kids would get a better loan option in another league I'm not against that. BL, Eredivisie and Ligue 1 are all great leagues for young players's development. EPL not so much so I'd prefer to not loan our players there.

    But of course every loan offer should be considered individually. Even if the league is generally good for younger players it won't help much if our players are not loaned to the right clubs where they won't play regularly like it's happening with Miranda. Not that he has any first team future but his loan is pretty much a waste so it would probably be better to loan him to a club like Betis last year when we've bought their starting LB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Batistuta9 View Post
    We won't win anything with just old players, just as we won't win anything with just young players. Imagine if the old core wasn't there and there was more expected from the likes of puig and ansu, they would crumble. We need to find the balance between young and old players. Something that all good teams have
    Of course we need the right balance but it will be hard for younger players to get minutes if the oldies always have to play. And we're currently in that position, especially with Suarez and Busi. We are playing FDJ out of his best position just so we can still accomodate Busi in the lineup.

    And next season I still expect Suarez to start 80-90% of the games and we know Messi also almost always plays. So if Lautaro comes we'll eventually have 4-5 players (Lautaro, Griez, Fati, Trincao, maybe also Braithwaite if he stays) competing for just one position. So how much minutes do you expect Fati and Trincao to get?
    Last edited by Messi983; 29th June 2020 at 09:38 PM.

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    George_Costanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,008
    At least people here won't complain about his height.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

  11. #161
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,964
    Played earlier today and this is his stats.

    Spain | LaLiga 2
    Las Palmas 3:0 Ponferradina

    Pedri played 90 minutes & made assist
    Touches - 59
    Passes - 32 (80%)
    Key passes - 1
    Long balls - 3 (1)
    Big chances created - 1
    Dribble attempts - 4 (4)
    Ground duels - 11 (7)
    Was fouled - 2
    Blocked shots - 1

    https://twitter.com/talents_scout/st...62439425839105

  12. #162
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12,707
    He's only a month younger than Ansu.

    Call him up, dawg.
    Puyol #5

  13. #163
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    150
    Last edited by M3ls; 6th July 2020 at 03:43 AM.

  14. #164
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    487
    Is he available

  15. #165
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    487
    So if both Puig and Pedri start, who gonna be team attacking midfielder? Puig combines very well with Messi.