8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gladbach want him on a one year loan.

Pedri as an attacking CM under Marco Rose and his system in Gladbach would be brilliant. If Marco Rose want him and is serious about playing him regularly I would do it.

A lot of the problems with Barca loans are our players being loaned out to the wrong teams. Rose trusts and uses young talent and plays a style of play that could remind you of a cross between Klopp's intensity and Pep's possession based football.

If they're serious about it, it's perfect. He'd return in 2021 as a much better player and ready for 1st team football.

soul24rage

It would be great if Pedri went out on loan as I don't think the board is capable of selling Rakitic and Vidal this summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It would be great if Pedri went out on loan as I don't think the board is capable of selling Rakitic and Vidal this summer.

I hope they don't insist on loaning him out to a La Liga team and send him to a clusterfuck like Real Betis.

Porque

If Gladbach reached out to us for Pedri then this is a really positive move. They would not be interested in just 1 season so he could really develop there.

Slevinn

Gladbach want him on a one year loan.

Pedri as an attacking CM under Marco Rose and his system in Gladbach would be brilliant. If Marco Rose want him and is serious about playing him regularly I would do it.

A lot of the problems with Barca loans are our players being loaned out to the wrong teams. Rose trusts and uses young talent and plays a style of play that could remind you of a cross between Klopp's intensity and Pep's possession based football.

If they're serious about it, it's perfect. He'd return in 2021 as a much better player and ready for 1st team football.
Someone from Barcelona needs to sit down with Rose and talk about what his plans with Pedri are and if he sees a potential starter in him.

It important to not fuck up his loan and on paper this coach/team looks perfect but no trainer would say no to a talent like that. He needs to really want him.

Porque

Someone from Barcelona needs to sit down with Rose and talk about what his plans with Pedri are and if he sees a potential starter in him.

It important to not fuck up his loan and on paper this coach/team looks perfect but no trainer would say no to a talent like that. He needs to really want him.

Rose read your mind. According to Sport, Gladbach officials are going to fly to Barcelona to personally explain their plans for Pedri and why they are the best option. That is some classy club right there.

There was another report of Bayern being interested. With their recent track record of impressive youth signings, I am sure that they would only be interested an a way to take ownership.

M3ls

Pretty poor in 1st half against Rayo.

He had some health problems. Otherwise he would not have been replaced after the first half.

Las Palmas had little possession of the ball in the first half. Therefore, I would not say that he played badly.

Without the ball he was very active.

Andresito

Staff member
Haven't seen too much of him, so correct me if I'm wrong.

My perception of him is that he's a Iniesta/Silva type of player, a creator and a magician on the ball, not fast, but quick in small spaces.
Now I see he's played mostly as a LW at Las Palmas with a few games as AM here and there.

What's the plan for him at Barca? Is it ultimately the Iniesta role that we're going to mold him into? With the risk of another "too weak for CM, too slow for LW" type of player?

Messi983

He's a midfielder, would be a waste of his talent to play him on the wings longterm. Has started the season as a LW but around January Pepe Mel has moved him more central. He has still started some games as a winger on paper but he mostly played as an AMC or a CM.

Although for now I wouldn't mind him playing on the wings if it gives him more playing time. The most important thing at his age is to play regularly regardless of the positon. Sport pointed out one of the reasons Gladbach wants him is due to his ability to play in all three of their atttacking midfield positions behind the striker so while he might not be unquestionable starter there he should still get enough minutes for a CL team.

Andresito

Staff member
Pedrito!!

Pedri: "I've been a Catalan since I was born. At home we're all Catalan. My grandfather founded the Penya Blaugrana Tenerife-Tegueste. I've always dreamed of coming out of the tunnel and stepping on the Camp Nou and I hope to be able to do so dressed as a Bar?a player."

serghei

He's a midfielder, would be a waste of his talent to play him on the wings longterm. Has started the season as a LW but around January Pepe Mel has moved him more central. He has still started some games as a winger on paper but he mostly played as an AMC or a CM.

Although for now I wouldn't mind him playing on the wings if it gives him more playing time. The most important thing at his age is to play regularly regardless of the positon. Sport pointed out one of the reasons Gladbach wants him is due to his ability to play in all three of their atttacking midfield positions behind the striker so while he might not be unquestionable starter there he should still get enough minutes for a CL team.

After Messi leaves or retire, there's gonna be a great place for an AM in the team, someone to pull the strings form midfield. This guy will have a great chance if he is serious and works hard.

Home of Barca Fans