8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Porque

He just scored a great goal against Sporting Gijon. :worthy:

Did you watch the game? If you did, what did you think.

What struck me is that he in no ways plays (or looks for that matter) like a 16 year old on the pitch. He is mature in his play and seems to play with his brain which is a good sign. Outside of the goal he has a great weight to his passing, although he did not look particularly outstanding.

It is only the first full Las Palmas game I have seen of him (saw 25 minutes of the first half in his previous game before life called on me), but I liked what I saw overall.

Riordon

Looks a nice talent. We might have the best two spanish U17 talents in our hands. Good they let him stay at Palmas as we been hindering development last couple of years.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is 16 and playing in Segunda, Puig is 20 and is playing in Segunda B. Says it all about our management and long-term planning really.

Messi983

Did you watch the game? If you did, what did you think.

What struck me is that he in no ways plays (or looks for that matter) like a 16 year old on the pitch. He is mature in his play and seems to play with his brain which is a good sign. Outside of the goal he has a great weight to his passing, although he did not look particularly outstanding.

It is only the first full Las Palmas game I have seen of him (saw 25 minutes of the first half in his previous game before life called on me), but I liked what I saw overall.

I've watched 2nd half and agree with your assessment. I still don't know what his best role/position would be in our system. He's mostly playing as AMC for Las Palmas but has also moved to both wings and even played as false 9 at the end. He's probably not fast enough for a winger and Pepe Mel said we saw a new Iniesta in him when we've signed him so we probably see him as a midfielder. Anyway, we still have enough time to figure that out as he probably won't see our first team for 2-3 more years.

He is 16 and playing in Segunda, Puig is 20 and is playing in Segunda B. Says it all about our management and long-term planning really.

Puig didn't want to go on loan eventhough the club wanted him to. It's his decision he still plays in Segunda B.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This guy cannot stop scoring :lol:

[tw]1180528168521928704[/tw]

[tw]1180528631187161090[/tw]

xXKonan

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays with Las Palmas on loan for next season.

If he's handling the second division this good at his age, I can't see him coming here with the B team if they don't achieve promotion.

Messi983

Get this kid here and start him alongside FDJ and Arthur next season. :rockon:

[youtube]PMAv5HUI6sM[/youtube]

Wouldn't be surprised if he stays with Las Palmas on loan for next season.

If he's handling the second division this good at his age, I can't see him coming here with the B team if they don't achieve promotion.

IIRC it was reported he'll stay at Las Palmas as long as they will play in a higher division than Barça B unless we would promote him to the first team. It would be nice if LP would get promoted to La Liga and we could see what he can do at that level. He has a full confidence of Pepe Mel so even if he wouldn't be a full time starter in La Liga he would still play a lot (a problem here is that if they would have bad results Mel could be sacked and we don't know if his successor would also trust Pedri as much). If both Las Palmas and Barça B will be in Segunda next year then he'll probably play for our B team while also train with the first team and maybe get an opportunity in Copa or other easier games.

xXKonan

Not watching the game but apparently, he's having a really good match vs Deportivo and provided two assists so far in just 35 mins.

Here are the two assists.

[tw]1183469313686151168[/tw]
[tw]1183470986626252801[/tw]

Last edited:

Riordon

Huge prospect. Are there any better u17 players in Spain than him or Fati?

If I was a coach of Pedro, I would want him to specialize. Does he want to be a winger, an interior or a second striker? Right now I’m afraid he is playing a position which don’t really exist in modern football for most teams. Not a midfielder nor a winger.

From what I have seen, he should work to be an advanced CM but need the defending of the game.

Home of Barca Fans