8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Admitted that he's gotten offers from Germany with talk about him being an important or integral part of the team and getting a lot of minutes. He was probably talking about Gladbach who have been open about being interested in him.

If Vidal stays as it's rumored recently I think it's best he goes on a loan.

Andresito

Staff member
His age worries me, mostly because the loaning team will easily bench him if he struggles to adapt. The only way I can see a team actually believing in his development is if he's on loan for 2 years.
He'll then be 20 by the time he returns, ready to fight for a starting spot at Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He looks a sensational talent. Would be ridiculous for him to be loaned out straight away, should be in the 1st team

xXKonan

Borussia M?nchengladbach have made a concrete approach for Pedri. The Bundesliga club have discussed a possible two-year loan for the Spaniard via a video conference on Friday. A decision is expected to be made after the the Champions League. [sky germany via GGFN]

Apparently Bayern want him on loan but Gladbach are far more ahead in trying to get him on loan. If Gladbach is really pushing this hard to get him on loan, they must really be serious in giving him some good amount of game time. If this is true I would honestly love to see him play under a coach like Marco Rose for the next season or two.

soul24rage

I honestly would loan him to Gladbach, even better if it's like a 2 year loan.

We have a plethora of midfielders that I feel that Pedri is going to have little game time imo.

Andresito

Staff member
Gladbach are going to play in CL too. Good experience for Pedri.

Although I doubt he'll be getting much game time first 6-7 months. But if it's a 2 year loan it's only natural for such a young player.

Best would be if he could actually play as an advanced CM.

serghei

Borussia M?nchengladbach have made a concrete approach for Pedri. The Bundesliga club have discussed a possible two-year loan for the Spaniard via a video conference on Friday. A decision is expected to be made after the the Champions League. [sky germany via GGFN]

Apparently Bayern want him on loan but Gladbach are far more ahead in trying to get him on loan. If Gladbach is really pushing this hard to get him on loan, they must really be serious in giving him some good amount of game time. If this is true I would honestly love to see him play under a coach like Marco Rose for the next season or two.

Bayern? Why would Bayern want to develop Pedri and then give him back to us?

Messi983

He's coming to Barcelona and will do Covid-19 test and other usual pre-season medical tests on Wednesday before the first training session on Thursday afternoon together with Trincao, Matheus and other players like Todibo, Alena and Rafinha who are returning from loans.

He said he was on trial at RM a few years ago but they didn't decide to sign him. He also said he'll get nervous when he'll meet Messi for the first time and he wouldn't mind going on loan if he won't get minutes here.

More quotes here:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/08/10/5f319c43268e3e9a248b45ea.html

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should probably keep him. Bin everyone else from the midfield that played yesterday apart from Frenkie.

Home of Barca Fans