8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

soul24rage

fine general play but his creative output tends towards zero too often. i don't dislike him but maybe some fans are too imbibed on his sexy movements to fairly judge what actually develops from his actions?

Really think that Pedri and Messi needs each other as they speak the same football language. It's hard for Pedri to combine with players like Braithwaite.

fergus90

fine general play but his creative output tends towards zero too often. i don't dislike him but maybe some fans are too imbibed on his sexy movements to fairly judge what actually develops from his actions?

He's had a fair few would be assists if the forwards finished their chances. He's been exceptional almost every game in my opinion bar the Atletico away, and the Real and Juve home games where he was more invisible than poor. He does tend to tire in the last 15-20 minutes quite noticeably but he's 18 and obviously played a lot of high tempo football recently.

Going forward we need to be careful to manage his minutes so that he's fresh and firing for important games. It obviously does help his game tremendously having Messi on the field too.

Gnidrologist

A bit like young Iniesta in this respect. He is very technically gifted, but sometimes plays himself into corner by trying to be too cute. Puig, who has many similarities with Pedri, is different in the way that he is way more assertive and adamant to move ball forward, even if it risks loosing possession more often. Think they could complement each other well.

serghei

He should shoot more. I like him a lot, but some things he needs to improve. When 1 vs 1 with the keeper just pick a corner and shoot. When in a great shooting position, like 16-20m centrally with a clear path, don't pass it wide, just shoot.

fergus90

He should shoot more. I like him a lot, but some things he needs to improve. When 1 vs 1 with the keeper just pick a corner and shoot. When in a great shooting position, like 16-20m centrally with a clear path, don't pass it wide, just shoot.

Yeah I agree with this. Another thing is, I'd like to see him involved a bit more at times. I know he's a sensational talent and has been great so far but he averages about 40 passes a game. A player with his talent and creativity could get himself on the ball a bit more often.

Considering how many key passes and assists he could have had if the attackers were more clinical, getting him even more involved would be ideal.

xXKonan

Pedri vs Cornella

46 Minutes played
43 Touches
23/26 (88%) Accurate passes
2 Assists
3 Key passes
2 Big chances created
6 duels won
4 Tackles

Xaviniesta

probably not confident with his shooting ability

Horatio

You're welcome

Wut? He should only shoot if he can't make an easy pass to someone who is in a better position to score.

Home of Barca Fans