Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FC Barcelona to meet BVB, Inter & Slavia Prag in UCL-groupstage 2019/20

Wanna say "tough group" but with the money squad we have, it's a joke to even drop a point.

Not much enthusiasm here. Not surprised.

I can see us ending up in the El if we're not sharp.

Something I don't understand: Why couldn't Barcelona (Pot 1) have drawn Spurs (Pot 2)? Barcelona ended up in Group F and Spurs Group B. They're from different associations so there's no conflict. The UEFA Deputy Secretary specifically said that Spurs could only get Groups A, B or D, so only the balls from those groups could be chosen from. Why is that? Why not Group F? Can someone clarify why this is for me, please? Thank you.

Quite happy with Barcelona's Group. Would have liked to get Spurs, as alluded to above. Internazionale I'm glad to see again (il biscione have always been my favourite Italian team. Wouldn't have minded getting Salzburg from the same pot as that's a magnificent place). Slavia (gorgeous sumptuous city) was indeed the one I wanted (do like Atalanta too) to round off the group.

The following will advance to the knockouts.

Group A: 1) Madrid 2) PSG

Group B: 1) Spurs 2) Bayern

Group C: 1) City 2) Atalanta

Group D: 1) Juventus 2) Atletico

Group E: 1) Liverpool 2) Napoli

Group F: 1) Barcelona 2) Internazionale

Group G: 1) OL 2) Leipzig

Group H: 1) Chelsea 2) Valencia

Quote Originally Posted by Barcelondoner View Post
    Something I don't understand: Why couldn't Barcelona (Pot 1) have drawn Spurs (Pot 2)? Barcelona ended up in Group F and Spurs Group B. They're from different associations so there's no conflict. The UEFA Deputy Secretary specifically said that Spurs could only get Groups A, B or D, so only the balls from those groups could be chosen from. Why is that? Why not Group F? Can someone clarify why this is for me, please? Thank you.

Quite happy with Barcelona's Group. Would have liked to get Spurs, as alluded to above. Internazionale I'm glad to see again (il biscione have always been my favourite Italian team. Wouldn't have minded getting Salzburg from the same pot as that's a magnificent place). Slavia (gorgeous sumptuous city) was indeed the one I wanted (do like Atalanta too) to round off the group.

The following will advance to the knockouts.

Group A: 1) Madrid 2) PSG

Group B: 1) Spurs 2) Bayern

Group C: 1) City 2) Atalanta

Group D: 1) Juventus 2) Atletico

Group E: 1) Liverpool 2) Napoli

Group F: 1) Barcelona 2) Internazionale

Group G: 1) OL 2) Leipzig

Group H: 1) Chelsea 2) Valencia
    So basically after the pot 1 teams have been drawn out, there was one English team from Group A-D and two English teams from Group E-H.

UEFA didn't want three English teams from Group E-H so Spurs could only be in either of Group A, B or D (Man City is in Group C so Spurs can't go there).

Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    So basically after the pot 1 teams have been drawn out, there was one English team from Group A-D and two English teams from Group E-H.

UEFA didn't want three English teams from Group E-H so Spurs could only be in either of Group A, B or D (Man City is in Group C so Spurs can't go there).
    They (UEFA) didn't mention this specifically.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Exactly. Imagine getting City's group, so boring.
    Don't ya say so? Dinamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    We should be trolled for that. Not even a Sunday League football team would defend a corner kick like that.
    Just yesterday my team got a goal like that. Two players quarelling and third didn't see player coming behind him... it is small pitch football but still... i was on the bench and was like: BARCA FLASHBACK.
    Andres DON Iniesta is the only player in football's history to be Man of the Match in a Champions League final, EURO final and World Cup final.

Barca vs Dortmund = home W away L
    Barca vs Inter = home W away D
    Barca vs Spart = home W away W

TOp of the group and thanks for the all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Don't ya say so? Dinamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Is that who you support from Croatia?

Obviously for Croatians that would be fun but I’d much rather have our group, Inter look dangerous on paper this season too... Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Godin with Conte as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    Is that who you support from Croatia?

Obviously for Croatians that would be fun but I’d much rather have our group, Inter look dangerous on paper this season too... Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Godin with Conte as coach.
    Yes. I am born in Zagreb.
    Our group is exactly what I didn't wanted. Atalanta. TOugh. Not atractive. Shakhtar. Tough. Not atractive.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    Yes. I am born in Zagreb.
    Our group is exactly what I didn't wanted. Atalanta. TOugh. Not atractive. Shakhtar. Tough. Not atractive.
    You mean you wanted tougher teams or weaker?

Mike the Knife

I hate playing Inter
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Barca Dortmund at Dortmund should be fun.. Wondering how Barca will cope with the pace, should be good practice. The rest are teams we should thump at home and win/draw away.

Anyone knows if we can get Champions league with DAZN in EU? (or is it Sky as usual?)
    Last edited by shadows; 30th August 2019 at 10:00 AM.
    "It is what it is" ~~ Valverde~~

Dortmund is fun, but annoying with Inter. For Messis sake I would like an easier group to be CL-topscorer once again, but for us some good opposition could be fine to be sharp.

Maybe Dortmund will top the group.