FC Barcelona to meet BVB, Inter & Slavia Prag in UCL-groupstage 2019/20

Something I don't understand: Why couldn't Barcelona (Pot 1) have drawn Spurs (Pot 2)? Barcelona ended up in Group F and Spurs Group B. They're from different associations so there's no conflict. The UEFA Deputy Secretary specifically said that Spurs could only get Groups A, B or D, so only the balls from those groups could be chosen from. Why is that? Why not Group F? Can someone clarify why this is for me, please? Thank you.

Quite happy with Barcelona's Group. Would have liked to get Spurs, as alluded to above. Internazionale I'm glad to see again (il biscione have always been my favourite Italian team. Wouldn't have minded getting Salzburg from the same pot as that's a magnificent place). Slavia (gorgeous sumptuous city) was indeed the one I wanted (do like Atalanta too) to round off the group.

The following will advance to the knockouts.

Group A: 1) Madrid 2) PSG

Group B: 1) Spurs 2) Bayern

Group C: 1) City 2) Atalanta

Group D: 1) Juventus 2) Atletico

Group E: 1) Liverpool 2) Napoli

Group F: 1) Barcelona 2) Internazionale

Group G: 1) OL 2) Leipzig

Group H: 1) Chelsea 2) Valencia

soul24rage

Something I don't understand: Why couldn't Barcelona (Pot 1) have drawn Spurs (Pot 2)? Barcelona ended up in Group F and Spurs Group B. They're from different associations so there's no conflict. The UEFA Deputy Secretary specifically said that Spurs could only get Groups A, B or D, so only the balls from those groups could be chosen from. Why is that? Why not Group F? Can someone clarify why this is for me, please? Thank you.

Quite happy with Barcelona's Group. Would have liked to get Spurs, as alluded to above. Internazionale I'm glad to see again (il biscione have always been my favourite Italian team. Wouldn't have minded getting Salzburg from the same pot as that's a magnificent place). Slavia (gorgeous sumptuous city) was indeed the one I wanted (do like Atalanta too) to round off the group.

The following will advance to the knockouts.

Group A: 1) Madrid 2) PSG

Group B: 1) Spurs 2) Bayern

Group C: 1) City 2) Atalanta

Group D: 1) Juventus 2) Atletico

Group E: 1) Liverpool 2) Napoli

Group F: 1) Barcelona 2) Internazionale

Group G: 1) OL 2) Leipzig

Group H: 1) Chelsea 2) Valencia

So basically after the pot 1 teams have been drawn out, there was one English team from Group A-D and two English teams from Group E-H.

UEFA didn't want three English teams from Group E-H so Spurs could only be in either of Group A, B or D (Man City is in Group C so Spurs can't go there).

So basically after the pot 1 teams have been drawn out, there was one English team from Group A-D and two English teams from Group E-H.

UEFA didn't want three English teams from Group E-H so Spurs could only be in either of Group A, B or D (Man City is in Group C so Spurs can't go there).

They (UEFA) didn't mention this specifically.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

JerseyAddict

We should be trolled for that. Not even a Sunday League football team would defend a corner kick like that.

Just yesterday my team got a goal like that. Two players quarelling and third didn't see player coming behind him... it is small pitch football but still... i was on the bench and was like: BARCA FLASHBACK.

JerseyAddict

Barca vs Dortmund = home W away L
Barca vs Inter = home W away D
Barca vs Spart = home W away W

TOp of the group and thanks for the all the fish.

Vilarrubi

Don't ya say so? :) Dinamoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cheers:

Is that who you support from Croatia?

Obviously for Croatians that would be fun but I’d much rather have our group, Inter look dangerous on paper this season too... Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Godin with Conte as coach.

JerseyAddict

Is that who you support from Croatia?

Obviously for Croatians that would be fun but I’d much rather have our group, Inter look dangerous on paper this season too... Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Godin with Conte as coach.

Yes. I am born in Zagreb.
Our group is exactly what I didn't wanted. Atalanta. TOugh. Not atractive. Shakhtar. Tough. Not atractive.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
ee2ZvPD.gif

I hate playing Inter

shadows

Barca Dortmund at Dortmund should be fun.. Wondering how Barca will cope with the pace, should be good practice. The rest are teams we should thump at home and win/draw away.

Anyone knows if we can get Champions league with DAZN in EU? (or is it Sky as usual?)

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Dortmund is fun, but annoying with Inter. For Messis sake I would like an easier group to be CL-topscorer once again, but for us some good opposition could be fine to be sharp.

Home of Barca Fans