Would you trade Dembele for Neymar?

• YES

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • NO

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnN

For a straight up swap... Absolutely yes!
For a swap + <50m... yes!
For anything more... no!

Pros:
Dembele is neither a creator, nor a finisher. Neymar is both.
Dembele doesn't make runs behind the defence. Neymar does.
Dembele doesn't make through balls. Neymar does.
Dembele can't pass in tight, or even not so tight, spaces. Neymar is great at it.
Both have enough pace for counters. But, Neymar has better decision making.
Neymar is an exelect free kick taker.
Dembele seems unfit for any possession based system.
Neymar has proven he can carry this team on some occasions. Dembele hasn't done anything of that sort.

Neymar is above and beyond a much better overall player.

Cons:
Neymar is 27, Dembele is 22.
Neymar's injury record the last couple of years. (Perhaps a deal breaker)
Neymar's ball hogging and dives. (Dives will remain forever. Ball hogging can be fixed, not by Valverde though.)
Neymar's departure decision and sega. (...no comment...)
Possibility that Dembele has an exponential improvement as he is still young. (Can't see this happening to be honest, but i am not an oracle, so anything can happen).
Alba's possible relapse to mediocrity.

I would like to remove "Neymar's injury record the last couple of years. (Perhaps a deal breaker)" from my list of cons. Dembele is in reality more injury prone.

FinBarcelonafan

How I would imagine it would go if a Neymar-Dembele swap were to happen

DSC00301-2-960x262.jpg

Pointless trade hah.

El Flaco

Lol, no.

Neymar is obviously far superior player than Demebele.

However, the Brazilian has been extremely injury-prone over past 2 seasons.

I'd much rather see Mbappé join us than Neymar.

The Observer

Neymar is less injury-prone than Dembélé. Dembélé's type of injuries are more likely to be chronic than Neymar's.

A bone fracture, once operated properly, can reoccur but it will not happen time and time again, that's unlikely.

Muscle injuries however can be chronic.

Who was the last football player you've heard about who broke his foot, say, 5 times in his entire career?

Now do the same with harmstring/muscle injuries that speedy/explosive players like Robben, Kaka, Bale, Dembélé, Messi and Iniesta both in their younger years etc. are prone to.

The Observer

He had this 2 times, not 3 times. His current injury is a sprained ligament in the ankle, not another 5th metatarsal fracture.

Meanwhile Démbéle had 5 harmstring injuries/torn muscles in 2 years at Barca.

LMTR14

Possibility that Dembele has an exponential improvement as he is still young. (Can't see this happening to be honest, but i am not an oracle, so anything can happen).

wonder what you think an oracle is, lol

;-)

on topic: neymar for dembele is literally the only thing that can save this season. (I don't think firing valverde alone is enough)

RIZALDINHO

no but i still sell dembele because he is not a good player 3 seasons he has been here, he is still making the same mistakes and he has a rubbish attitude,

Home of Barca Fans