Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Meanwhile, Copa America winners Gabriel Jesus, Casemiro and Roberto Firmino have all played at least 170 ,Firmino managed to spend 415!minutes for their clubs in official games.

But Peasants like Guardiola and Klopp dont play the high intensity football that Valverde plays , which is why Im expecting Arthur to be truly fit for Valverdeball by March of next year.

Tackle

Arthur still recovering from the Copa America. :lol: :lol:

Absolute rubbish. don't let your hatred for Valverde cloud your judgment.

Do you think it would be wise for Arthur to be thrown straight back into the starting XI with 0 minutes under his belt in pre-season and the first league match? We all know if Arthur started this match and picked up an injury you would be one of the first blokes to point the finger at EV.

He will rightfully come off the bench tonight and if he shows he's ready he will get more game time in the coming matches.

Marshall D Teach

Absolute rubbish. don't let your hatred for Valverde cloud your judgment.

Do you think it would be wise for Arthur to be thrown straight back into the starting XI with 0 minutes under his belt in pre-season and the first league match? We all know if Arthur started this match and picked up an injury you would be one of the first blokes to point the finger at EV.

He will rightfully come off the bench tonight and if he shows he's ready he will get more game time in the coming matches.

I bet you’ll still be saying this in January. Assuming Valverde is still around to bench Arthur.

The only one here whose judgment is clouded is you. The rest of us see the reality that Valverde is incompetent and an objectively terrible coach.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Roberto fits better into a 4-4-2. If we play a 4-3-3 today I have no idea why Arthur shouldnt play instead of him. But Im hopeful this is just temporary. I try to judge Valverde when we are more into the season.

vinni

Game day! :barcascarf:

It seems like Valverde is giving Sergie Roberto a chance in midfield. I suspect that if he dont perform the next 1-3 matches Arthur will have his chance.

EdmondDantes

Busquets is better off without Rakitic, Frenkie is still in the team, the rest is an improvised patch up - as best as we could expect from Valverde with Arthur without a pre-season.

Not the worst line up to be honest. Rakitic may have to give his agent a call though. Interesting times ahead.

In my fantasy world, I'd call Florentino and propose an exchange for Modric, Rakitic is much more a Zidane type of player, and stylistically Luka should have been ours..

Pipe dream though lol

jairzinho

442 or 433? Whatever it is, Greizmann should at least play in his ‘usual’ zone just behind Perez. That’s what I would do.

soul24rage

I think the Busi, De Jong, Roberto midfield will be the main midfield this season.

Roberto will be tasked to fill in the space at RW when Messi cuts in.

Still would have preferred Arthur instead of Busi though.

soul24rage

That's horrible midfield.

For this game, I agree with you since Messi is not in the team and we could use someone like Alena instead of Bob in midfield. (For Bilbao, we should have partnered Alena and De jong with someone else other than Roberto)

But when Messi is on the team, I could see why Bob could be needed in midfield if paired with Arthur and De Jong.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

I think the Busi, De Jong, Roberto midfield will be the main midfield this season.

Roberto will be tasked to fill in the space at RW when Messi cuts in.

Still would have preferred Arthur instead of Busi though.

Still wouldn't be surprised to see Rakitic-Busquets-Roberto, knowing Valverde. Especially if results continue to not go his way, you know that De Jong will be the first guy Valverde will blame no matter what, while Busquets stays untouchable.

And yes, there's a good chance that moron will continue to keep Arthur on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans