User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    That strike from Moron was crazy. No chance for ter Stegen. Best goal in a game where Betis really didn’t have much to offer. Their defense was all over the place.
    that's actually his name? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great second half, good to see again some La Masia players. Keep them coming...
    http://www.barcaforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic4676_1.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the poor first half narrative. We played the same way both halfs (very good), just scored more in the second. Swap Rafinha for Messi, and the scoreline would have been 3-0 by the 30th minute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidad View Post
    One of the most positive performances I’ve ever seen under Valverde. I’m shocked.
    True. Finally a fun game to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very fine games by Perez, Rafinha (except for his shooting), Semedo and Roberto. And of course Greizmann, but you expect excellent play from him.

Perez has earned himself a job. I expect to see him in the 18 for most games this year, if no Neymar. Also, you would have to be crazy to not include Rafinha in the squad. His energy is exactly what this veteran team needs.

Obviously, some very talented midfielders will not get their chances this season, unless we see bad play from the ones that Valverde tries first. Instead of bemoaning the fate of those who are losing out, give credit to the ones who are keeping them on the bench.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    I don't get the poor first half narrative. We played the same way both halfs (very good), just scored more in the second. Swap Rafinha for Messi, and the scoreline would have been 3-0 by the 30th minute.
    Yeah, their goal was completely against the run of play. First mistake of the game by Barca (Busquets) and they capitalized immediately despite getting dominated completely up until that point.

Where is the gif around the 7 minute mark with that interplay between Griezmann, Alba, Rafinha?

The energy is no surprise though without the two 32 year olds upfront.

Completely torn about Busquets. He is slow, weak and prone to mistakes more than ever but still had a very great game, especially that throughball to Alba which led to one of the goals. People would have wanked themselves silly on Twitter if De Jong did that. No idea if we should play with Busquets and De Jong further forward or bench Busquets with De Jong as DM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    Yep! The 1-touch wall passing around in the opponents half was actually fun to watch today.

Which is why Suarez and Dembele really should be used as specific weapons when needed. With them back in the team and Messi walking, it'll be back to dullsville.

Messi should be a false 9 with no defensive responsibilities- definitely not a right winger in name only.
    I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Once/If Barca switches back to playing at walking pace again, I will switch my stream back to synchronised swimming.
    Alexis Defense League

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Where is the gif around the 7 minute mark with that interplay between Griezmann, Alba, Rafinha?
    Do-it-yourself.