Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

I actually think the atmosphere has improved a lot with the singing section in the Gol nord and the famous Un dia da Partit. Far better than English top clubs.

Agree with [MENTION=20790]Leo Messi[/MENTION] that they should let the Ultras back in. Unfortunately a lot of that comes with organised crime and now you have an even more violent bunch than the Boixos coming through who are known as the 'Cubs'.

Also heard many young passionate fans don't go because Barca sold it's soul marketing to tourists, although this sounds a convenient excuse.

For me, football is tribal and the atmosphere is the best bit about it. I would 100% rather watch EVs Barca in a packed house of intimidating vociferous fans than Pep 2011 football in a quiet stadium. Which is why I the real love of my footballing world is Argentinian football. Boca .... And a club called San Lorenzo who create nearly all the chants that you hear over there in Europe (all copied from the terraces of Argentina)

Last edited:

JohnN

Messi seems fit for the game, I can't see him not playing this one. He needs to get in match rythm too. I hope no risk is involved though.

As for the rest...
Can Rafinha play on the left? If so, Rafinha - Griezmann - Messi it is! Our other option is Perez.. I wouldn't mind him starting too.
I consider Busi - Raki - FDJ as a standard at this point. Even though I would like to see Aleñá again. NO ROBERTO MIDFIELD PLEASE.
Any thoughts on our possible line up?

Andresito

Staff member
Please bench Rakitic so he understands he won't play as much anymore.

Arthur, Frenkie and whomever.

shadows

Please bench Rakitic so he understands he won't play as much anymore.

Arthur, Frenkie and whomever.

Better chance of Valverde selecting himself in the starting 11 than not playing Rakitic after a loss.. Guess what Valverde did when we were 0-0, he brought on Rakitic as if he is the go to person when we need goals. After a loss, I am guessing the first name on Valverde`s team sheet is Rakitic (& probably Busquets).

Vilarrubi

Better chance of Valverde selecting himself in the starting 11 than not playing Rakitic after a loss.. Guess what Valverde did when we were 0-0, he brought on Rakitic as if he is the go to person when we need goals. After a loss, I am guessing the first name on Valverde`s team sheet is Rakitic (& probably Busquets).

Valverde-Busi-Rakitic

GOAT midfield.

Kul_z

I think i would prefer this:

Semedo pique lenglet alba
Rakitic de jong arthur
Messi Griez Perez

Either way, one youngster should be in squad. Looking forward to messi griez connection. I wonder how much would it take for them to click together, both are left footed and both have excellent ball control, shouldnt take too long in my opinion

JohnN

It is up to them to form any kind of connection surely. They, alone, will have to figure out movements and combinations as they go. Improvisation is our only tactic.

Can Rafinha play in the right middle?

------FdJ-------
Arthur - Rafinha

Leo_Messi

I actually think the atmosphere has improved a lot with the singing section in the Gol nord and the famous Un dia da Partit. Far better than English top clubs.

Agree with [MENTION=20790]Leo Messi[/MENTION] that they should let the Ultras back in. Unfortunately a lot of that comes with organised crime and now you have an even more violent bunch than the Boixos coming through who are known as the 'Cubs'.

Also heard many young passionate fans don't go because Barca sold it's soul marketing to tourists, although this sounds a convenient excuse.

For me, football is tribal and the atmosphere is the best bit about it. I would 100% rather watch EVs Barca in a packed house of intimidating vociferous fans than Pep 2011 football in a quiet stadium. Which is why I the real love of my footballing world is Argentinian football. Boca .... And a club called San Lorenzo who create nearly all the chants that you hear over there in Europe (all copied from the terraces of Argentina)

Well, the atmosphere improved because after the Boixos Nois and their splinter groups were banned from the Camp Nou, for many years there was not even an "Grada d'Animació".

Many of the regular Boixos Nois members and associated splinter groups have nothing to do with organized crime or otherwise extremist/unwanted behavior. However it is notoriously difficult to figure out what is up and what is down in such organizations so it is easier to just ban everyone remotely associated. To the great detriment of the atmosphere.

Not so much due to tourists but due to the fact that the economic situation in Spain has been incredibly difficult in the past 10+ years. Not yet fully recovered.

The Argentinain barra bravas are notorious. It is lifestyle for them and mostly your typical poor working class Argentinian dude with few perspectives that lives in an almost bankrupt country. Many of them have not many other things to do taking it to the extreme as well in terms of violence.

"Un dia de partit" for instance is based on "un giorno all'improvviso" that is based on an Italian song (L’Estate Sta Finendo by the duo Righeira) that the Napoli ultras adopted in Europe.

See this article in Italian.

https://www.golditacco.it/un-giorno...igheira-intervista-esclusiva-a-stefano-righi/

BTW, you are right that many of the chants have been adopted from Argentina but far from all.

Well, the atmosphere improved because after the Boixos Nois and their splinter groups were banned from the Camp Nou, for many years there was not even an "Grada d'Animació".

Many of the regular Boixos Nois members and associated splinter groups have nothing to do with organized crime or otherwise extremist/unwanted behavior. However it is notoriously difficult to figure out what is up and what is down in such organizations so it is easier to just ban everyone remotely associated. To the great detriment of the atmosphere.

Not so much due to tourists but due to the fact that the economic situation in Spain has been incredibly difficult in the past 10+ years. Not yet fully recovered.

The Argentinain barra bravas are notorious. It is lifestyle for them and mostly your typical poor working class Argentinian dude with few perspectives that lives in an almost bankrupt country. Many of them have not many other things to do taking it to the extreme as well in terms of violence.

"Un dia de partit" for instance is based on "un giorno all'improvviso" that is based on an Italian song (L’Estate Sta Finendo by the duo Righeira) that the Napoli ultras adopted in Europe.

See this article in Italian.

https://www.golditacco.it/un-giorno...igheira-intervista-esclusiva-a-stefano-righi/

BTW, you are right that many of the chants have been adopted from Argentina but far from all.

Good post. The new young 'Cubs' are trying to follow on from Boixos but are very much involved in violence. They travelled to Lyon and caused trouble, which is why Bad Gones were so unruly when they came to the Camp - I believe they threw urine at Barca fans seated below them.

Spanish football in general very much look up to Argentinians fans. Atleti's main chant is copied from Racing Clubs famous 'Muchachos traigan vino juega la Acade ' , a personal favourite of mine. Madrid shamelessly use Decime que se siente - a song made famous during the world cup where it praised Caniggia, Maradona and Messi. My favourite Barca chant is 'Vamos los Cules ' which is copied from Boca's 'Cuando me muero'.

The frustrating thing is the support for Barca is there. There are 6m Barca fans in Catalunya alone, meaning Barca has one of the biggest local fan bases in the world, if not the biggest. Our biggest crowd was in 84 vs Juventus - 120,000 and not a tourist in sight. I personally blame the way season tickets are sold. 86,000 season tickets sold to the same old farts who never sing when they go and don't bother going most of the time.

FinBarcelonafan

Good post. The new young 'Cubs' are trying to follow on from Boixos but are very much involved in violence. They travelled to Lyon and caused trouble, which is why Bad Gones were so unruly when they came to the Camp - I believe they threw urine at Barca fans seated below them.

Spanish football in general very much look up to Argentinians fans. Atleti's main chant is copied from Racing Clubs famous 'Muchachos traigan vino juega la Acade ' , a personal favourite of mine. Madrid shamelessly use Decime que se siente - a song made famous during the world cup where it praised Caniggia, Maradona and Messi. My favourite Barca chant is 'Vamos los Cules ' which is copied from Boca's 'Cuando me muero'.

The frustrating thing is the support for Barca is there. There are 6m Barca fans in Catalunya alone, meaning Barca has one of the biggest local fan bases in the world, if not the biggest. Our biggest crowd was in 84 vs Juventus - 120,000 and not a tourist in sight. I personally blame the way season tickets are sold. 86,000 season tickets sold to the same old farts who never sing when they go and don't bother going most of the time.

and how often these tickets are sold? They get very good price for them.

LMTR14

I prefer watching football on tv cause I hate all the noise the fans make and especially people who can't stay seated in their seats (!) half of the time (fucking hate those clowns, if you want to stand, buy a standing ticket!). the notion of singing and chanting and choreographies at a football game makes no sense to me. all of that fits at concerts (it's loud there already!), but has NOTHING to do with sports per se. football is the 22 players on the pitch, that's what's important and that's also what I'm interested in. (beer is much cheaper at home too...)

PhilS

Let's hope that the game is still winnable when Messi takes the field at the 60 minute mark. Say, 0-0.

Home of Barca Fans