Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
La Liga Round 2

Sunday 25th of August 2019, 21:00CET

paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png
-
S0fDZjYYytbZaUt0f3cIhg_96x96.png

Time to bounce back after La Liga opener in Bilbao. Messi and Suarez out but we have options in Griezmann and Dembele and I guess we'll see changes in midfield as well.

Vladinho

Hello guys,
I've just registered to this forum, altough I've been reading you for more than a year.

Bearing in mind the match with Bilbao, two things are on my mind:

1. If everybody (us the fans) hates the way the team plays under Valverde (including myself), when we play at Camp Nou nobody shouts from the stands that we want Valverde gone. I mean I'm sure some of you guys attend the games we play at home. Nobody in the gallery makes our problems with Valverde known to the large public. I don't expect from the mass of tourist to shout such things, but I expect something else from the boys and girls in the gallery. Did anyone hear the gallery to call for Valverde dismisal?

2. We just loaned Cou to Bayern. Did we really have a better player than him (except maybe Rafinha) on the field with Bilbao? I really don't think so. I would have liked for him to have another season with us...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys,
I've just registered to this forum, altough I've been reading you for more than a year.

1. If everybody (us the fans) hates the way the team plays under Valverde (including myself), when we play at Camp Nou nobody shouts from the stands that we want Valverde gone. I mean I'm sure some of you guys attend the games we play at home. Nobody in the gallery makes our problems with Valverde known to the large public. I don't expect from the mass of tourist to shout such things, but I expect something else from the boys and girls in the gallery. Did anyone hear the gallery to call for Valverde dismisal?

2. We just loaned Cou to Bayern. Did we really have a better player than him (except maybe Rafinha) on the field with Bilbao? I really don't think so. I would have liked for him to have another season with us...

It puzzles me as well. Catalans should be more demanding. In the 90s they used to be more vocal about managers and style of play.

JohnN

What should / will our line up for this game be?

We will be missing Suarez and most probably Messi (he shouldn't be rushed back even if ready anyway).

The backline seems predictable with Semedo - Pique - Lenglet - Alba (is there a chance for Umtiti or Firpo here?)
The front three will probably be Rafinha - Griezmann - Dembele (Can't see Carles Perez making the starting 11)

As far as midfield is concerned, will it be:
  • Busquets - De Jong - Arthur
  • Busquets - De Jong - Rakitic
  • Busquets - Rakitic - Vidal
  • Busquets - De Jong - Vidal
  • Busquets - Rakitic - Arthur
  • De Jong - Arthur - Rakitic
  • De Jong - Arthur - Alena
  • De Jong - Alena - Rakitic
  • De Jong - Alena - Sergi Roberto

So many possibilities. What would you guys choose and what do you think will happen?

abbbs97

Hello guys,

Yeah I dont understand why Catalans or people in the audience dont protest against Fraudverde. They should at least do something, whistle at him, boo the whole team, hold up banners that show disgust towards EV and the board. Otherwise, nothing will change cause Barto and Co. dont seem to give a shit about the fans who dont go to the Camp Nou.

Neeraj

Hello guys,

So this is what the composition of the stadium looks like:-

1.) Maybe 5-10% - The grand stand and the ones just above and below it - where you have the board members, VIP's, celebreties etc. seated - not much to be expected from there

2.) About 40% of the stadium - the guys right on the pitch level, near the corner flags, the fans on the rafters all the way up top, etc. - all tourists. When I look around and see their faces, it's pretty clear they couldn't spell Valverde or probably don't know his first name, heck they probably can't even name 11 of our players. Yes, you have a LOT of the stereotypical Asians who don't seem to care or understand much of what's going on, and just want to see Messi touch the ball and get a picture with the "V" pose.

3.) 30-40% of it looks like where I sit - the average socio sprinkled with a few tourists here and there. Old guys, some of whom listen to the Catalan radio commentary, and just about manage to put their hands together when a goal is scored. You have the odd young socio/tourist in the stand try and get the stand fired up, fail, and sit back down

4.) 10-20% - the 'hardcore' fans (not Ultras, they are banned lol) that basically chants and sings and plays instruments all game. Very small portion of the ground, basically all the noise you hear on the television comes from them, and even this stand is very very rarely full. The tourists don't know the songs, and this group of people is the one that's just singing and chanting no matter what (as the core fans are supposed to). They get louder when we do well, a bit softer when we're down, but they aren't going to make objective commentary on the game, that's just not their role.

So when you look at this, you see why you have very little organized dissent thrown at Valverde. The tourists don't know much, the main fans behind the goal are basically cheerleaders, the old socios barely move and are the death of any mexican wave/chants that begin elsewhere. I sit just below the away fans, and it's pretty shameful but on CL nights, it's the tiny away fans that is by far the noisiest and boisterous section in the stadium. That's kind of expected given that only hardcore fans would travel, but seeing Tottenham fans be louder than Barca fans in a fully packed Camp Nou (who btw are quite busy taking videos of the 'crazy' away fans rather than giving it back to them) is....yeah.

We just don't have a young, energetic, local fan base that cares that much - that's really the main problem. You can't blame the tourists because they aren't buying up everyone's tickets, they are just getting the tickets for which the socios don't show up for, and heck, not like the stadium is anywhere close to full for an average game anyway.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Picking a good midfield linuep for this team is hard and it's not because we have so much quality players to choose from.

Last edited:

Vladinho

So this is what the composition of the stadium looks like:-

1.) Maybe 5-10% - The grand stand and the ones just above and below it - where you have the board members, VIP's, celebreties etc. seated - not much to be expected from there

2.) About 40% of the stadium - the guys right on the pitch level, near the corner flags, the fans on the rafters all the way up top, etc. - all tourists. When I look around and see their faces, it's pretty clear they couldn't spell Valverde or probably don't know his first name, heck they probably can't even name 11 of our players. Yes, you have a LOT of the stereotypical Asians who don't seem to care or understand much of what's going on, and just want to see Messi touch the ball and get a picture with the "V" pose.

3.) 30-40% of it looks like where I sit - the average socio sprinkled with a few tourists here and there. Old guys, some of whom listen to the Catalan radio commentary, and just about manage to put their hands together when a goal is scored. You have the odd young socio/tourist in the stand try and get the stand fired up, fail, and sit back down

4.) 10-20% - the 'hardcore' fans (not Ultras, they are banned lol) that basically chants and sings and plays instruments all game. Very small portion of the ground, basically all the noise you hear on the television comes from them, and even this stand is very very rarely full. The tourists don't know the songs, and this group of people is the one that's just singing and chanting no matter what (as the core fans are supposed to). They get louder when we do well, a bit softer when we're down, but they aren't going to make objective commentary on the game, that's just not their role.

So when you look at this, you see why you have very little organized dissent thrown at Valverde. The tourists don't know much, the main fans behind the goal are basically cheerleaders, the old socios barely move and are the death of any mexican wave/chants that begin elsewhere. I sit just below the away fans, and it's pretty shameful but on CL nights, it's the tiny away fans that is by far the noisiest and boisterous section in the stadium. That's kind of expected given that only hardcore fans would travel, but seeing Tottenham fans be louder than Barca fans in a fully packed Camp Nou (who btw are quite busy taking videos of the 'crazy' away fans rather than giving it back to them) is....yeah.

We just don't have a young, energetic, local fan base that cares that much - that's really the main problem. You can't blame the tourists because they aren't buying up everyone's tickets, they are just getting the tickets for which the socios don't show up for, and heck, not like the stadium is anywhere close to full for an average game anyway.

Thanks for making a light for me of how the stands are organized. It makes more sense now why nobody asks for what the fans really want e.g. ValverdeOut. It's a shame that in such a large city, with only one big team (Espanyol is somewhere in the suburbs, if I know correctly) can't gather a gallery that would make hell of a noise and communicate what the fans want. Regardless, I hope someday I'll get to attend one match on the Camp Nou and see it with my own eyes. In the meantime, you should encourage as much fans/friends that go to the games to start being more lively and start raising their voices of what the real fans ask.

Kul_z

Gonna think twice if i'd watch another shitshow. Its sunday evening, so probably yes. Friday or saturday, not a fucking chance anymore while this fucktarde is in charge. No matter the line up, we usually do well in camp nou. It should be a good game, but not sure that i have a nerve to see ev all over the screen in a squat pose, id pay additional fee to the broadcaster just to cut him off completely and put a shit sticker over him. Ffs, even when i see him in the distance on the other side of the field, i imagine his sniping look that has no clue whats going on on the field.

Home of Barca Fans