Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi shouldn’t be rushed back if he is not ready, doing so will only cause problems later on. But I got a bad feeling they will rush him because we don’t have anybody left other than Griezmann.

Do we do Perez Griezmann and Rafinha as the front three against Betis? Might as well bring in Abel Ruiz as the striker and have Griezmann behind him.

defyqa

Back to the game - I'm just wondering if I've ever looked forward to a game as less as I do for games nowadays. It seems that the worst case scenario is that we play shit and we drop points and the best case scenario is that we play shit and we nick the points.

I understand that Valverde isn't going anywhere and hence I'm actively looking for opposition teams to come out all guns blazing and playing some attractive football, for it to make my watch interesting, win or lose.

This! So who cares if Asians or whoever goes to Camp Nou... At the end of the day, it's just a waste of time.

JerseyAddict

I don't want to disrespect Betis, but if Barça can't handle them on Camp Nou without Messi then why the f* those players get that money? Bring in kids then, ffs.

Leo_Messi

Speaking about our fanbase at the Camp Nou.

https://www.culemania.com/culemaniacos/cinco-grupos-forman-grada-animacio-barca_208041_102.html

The atmosphere at the Camp Nou used to be one of the best in Europe. Even up to the times of the Gaspart era.

That pretty much ended when the Boixos Nois were banned and their other splinter groups during the reign of Laporta. I would personally love to see a return of such dedicated ultras supporter groups.

BTW I have travelled with local fanbases for away games in the CL plenty of times and it is an entirely different experience by large. Met a few Boixos Nois members as well.

Anyway the current status quo is no different at any of the giant clubs in Europe. It is even worse in England. Tons of tourists, all-kind of rule changes to kill off any ultras groups etc. Slowly a part of a club's soul dies off all for the sake of profit. More cooperate/luxury boxes etc. as well.

Italy is doing much better on this front but that is only due to the state of the stadiums (by large), less money thus many fewer tourists and the ultras groups having much more power to influence decision makings at clubs because they are a bigger part of Italian football (much bigger) than the Spanish counterparts historically and nowadays. Germans have a great fanbase as well and some of the cheapest ticket prices in Europe as well. Probably the best example to follow. Say a club like Dortmund.

Last edited:

blueandclaret

Nope, dont twist words in your favor, neeraj explained it perfectly and somehow you are triggered by asians.
Camp nou is quiet because of the tourists, there are a lot of tourists in there because tickets are easy to get, and they are pretty cheap for avg tourist that come in barcelona, all year long except classico.
So it’s the Asian tourists fault that Camp Nou is half empty every week and tickets are cheap? I think you got it all backwards.

serghei

This club is fucked. Mark my words.

By the time Messi retires we will be a second tier club in Europe.

Nah, we lack proper management. If you take Messi out and bring in a competent hungry for success manager who knows what he is doing and can get the young players to develop the way the best managers do it, the team actually improves.

Having Messi is actually making us win titles we shouldn't win based on our football, and keep the clueless staff in charge.

So, it's a vicious cycle.

Having Messi -> Win La Liga with his insane output even if the football is often boring and devoid of creativity and intensity - > Manager is not sacked because he won La Liga -> Heavy lossess in Europe where Messi doesn't cut it without proper management -> Repeat

Last edited:

Kul_z

So it’s the Asian tourists fault that Camp Nou is half empty every week and tickets are cheap? I think you got it all backwards.

I said wherever they go, like in general, not camp nou, jesus you guys.

No, but its not coincidence that when we play against 'rivals' or thougher opponents stadium is pretty packed, but not always. Socis, as i learned through several sources, have a right to get couple of tickets at cheaper prices before anyone, if im not mistaken max of 6 tickets. Then they re-sell them, because they're more interested in earning money then watching the game, ofc. Year and a half ago when we played at. madrid game infront of stadium, after a kick off(5 mins in to the game) there were several guys still selling tickets. I asked how much - 120 euros. And guy didnt even blink on my offer for 70 euros. But other then that, if you organize yourself on time you can get ticket for 'normal' price.
Thats a major part of the problem, because they can sell 2 or 3 tickets, cover all the expenses they have and still earn some money. You can check it yourself, find a part of the stadium where you want to sit, check if its available then when the game starts you can clearly see, even unavailable theres a lot of empty seats in that precise area. Board doesnt give a damn because they got their money anyway, so you get what you get.

Back to the game

I think we should play a lot better this game, without half injured dembele and early injured suarez.

Its time for griez to pull something out of his hat, betis is not that rock solid in defense so it should be easier.
And lets hope messi is fully fit..

FinBarcelonafan

Nah, we lack proper management. If you take Messi out and bring in a competent hungry for success manager who knows what he is doing and can get the young players to develop the way the best managers do it, the team actually improves.

Having Messi is actually making us win titles we shouldn't win based on our football, and keep the clueless staff in charge.

So, it's a vicious cycle.

Having Messi -> Win La Liga with his insane output even if the football is often boring and devoid of creativity and intensity - > Manager is not sacked because he won La Liga -> Heavy lossess in Europe where Messi doesn't cut it without proper management -> Repeat

Good point. This is exactly how it has looked the past two seasons. We look bad most of the time but win because Messi.

Alik

Thing is, without Messi, can we get away with throwing 350M€+ down the drain without eventually causing the club serious damage?

jairzinho

I’ve never been so dis interested about this club as I am now, there’s little to be excited about under this coach and board. Even with Frenkie and Greizmann joining us, the excitement for the next match day isn’t the same. Maybe things will pick up later on.

Home of Barca Fans