Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

kattanib

Wonderful second half. Its a combination of four things:
1. La Masia players + Griezman and FDJ who kinda play the barca way already
2. Griezman being a monster in tracking back and linking plays at the st/cam position
3. Hungry players overall that want to prove something and are eager to win
4. Players with good decision making and selflessness. Faiti decision making especially given its a debut and he is less than 17 years old puts Dembele at shame

Alik

Iirc, we didn't score a single goal yet when Griezz was a No9.

I would personally make a wild risk and play a kid Ansu.

Rafinha is meh and other attacking options are horrible.

Let's hope that Ivan Lampard Rakitic will pull some longshot magic.

With Griezz as a no9, this will be bad.
Even with Messi next to Griezz as a No9, it will be bad.
Especially this way.

EV will today need midfielders who will also try shots.
Probably Rafinha, Raki, Vidal, Roberto (along with fixed Busi and Frenkie).

Too bad Lampard Rakitic didn't play and we had to make do with Griezmann.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Felt so good to not see Rakitic for even a second out there tonight. I can get used to that. Force that has-been out of this club.

kattanib

2. Griezman being a monster in tracking back and linking plays at the st/cam position
4. Players with good decision making and selflessness. Faiti decision making especially given its a debut and he is less than 17 years old puts Dembele at shame

Its not the first time nor the last time to happen in football. All you need is one player in your team that can pull tricks from his hat and the rest need to follow a very solid plan/system to the T

DennyCrane

A touch of vintage Barca today. High intensity, high pressure, lots of off the ball movement. This is exactly what I want to see. Let's see how long this lasts.

Marshall D Teach

This is bad for us in the long run. It could start once again creating the delusion that Valverde knows what he's doing so he gets to stay to embarrass us in the CL again.

Make no mistake, this is a one-off. Valverde is still a cowardly moron and we still need to get rid of him ASAP. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking the guy who made the exact same mistakes two seasons in a row with no signs of ever improving has suddenly changed.

The third consecutive CL humiliation is coming. The only way Valverde can possibly convince me otherwise is by actually winning the CL. That's also the only way to make up for the humiliations of the past two years.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

A touch of vintage Barca today. High intensity, high pressure, lots of off the ball movement. This is exactly what I want to see. Let's see how long this lasts.

Yep! The 1-touch wall passing around in the opponents half was actually fun to watch today.

Which is why Suarez and Dembele really should be used as specific weapons when needed. With them back in the team and Messi walking, it'll be back to dullsville.

Messi should be a false 9 with no defensive responsibilities- definitely not a right winger in name only.

underoath

Banned

5. Valverde

Kuchi

Wow, we were utter crap in the 1st half, dont let a few bright spots paper the cracks again, its valverde ffs, he wont change shit and still play suarez, raki, busi and roberto at rb, it is what it is. .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What's great there is a lot more movement and pressing but that's because we had hungry players out there. That'll change fast once Messi, Suarez return.

Home of Barca Fans