Ireland

B

Barcabhoy

get in there big richard, playing well so far but a bit dodgy looking at the back

Seamus

Few good quality players coming through for Ireland these days, few muppets too looking to get in after not being picked for england.

Shane Long is gonna be a massive player when they realise what a waster Robbie Keane is

Galning

Mad amount of respect to the Irish fans. Goosebumps at the end of the match when they sang fields of Athenry.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, major props to their fans. They alone are reason enough to be happy to see Ireland at Euro or any big tournament for that matter.

Irish_Cules

Huge blow to our chances of qualifying by conceding that late equaliser against Austria. Its typical of Ireland these days, we can't hold onto a lead. Trappotoni wont get sacked because we are still in with a shout but the guys decision making is baffling at times. We should have went for another goal or at least tried to keep the ball. Instead he made defensive substitutions we sat on the edge of our box and the inevitable happened. We're a poor team with very average players but we can do better.

Kerrybai

Traps time is up I reckon. I really don't see us making it to Brazil but I certainly have not given up hope. I hate to say it too but it might be time for robbie keane to hang up his Irish shirt soon enough.

loozy

Going to the Germany-Ireland match. Doubt it'll be a fun match to watch but what can you do? :)

@ Kerrybai
Agree about Keane. He is not really that useful anymore.

Kerrybai

Going to the Germany-Ireland match. Doubt it'll be a fun match to watch but what can you do? :)

@ Kerrybai
Agree about Keane. He is not really that useful anymore.

We gave a pretty good account of ourselves in Stuttgart in 2006 but you are right this time around we will likely get battered. The atmosphere should be good though, if you travel to the ground early you may get the chance to meet some of travelling Irish fans. There should be a few thousand of them staggering about the place speaking incoherently :beer2:

Unfortunately I think Robbie has lost any bit of pace he used to have, it's very hard to bench him though as he has given us so much. I still remember his goal against Germany in 2002 as if it were yesterday.

loozy

I am with my German friends but kitted out in the Ireland-jersey :p Plus, the match is in Cologne so we'll definitely go there early as it's one of our favourite cities. We'll prolly find them in the Kölner Dom, praying :D

Atmosphere at German NT matches is kinda shite, though, I am hoping for the travelling Irish to lighten up the place.

I think that Trap needs to grow a pair and drop him. It makes me sad to see him like that :(

Home of Barca Fans