Federico Macheda

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Not now he isn't. 2 goals does not make you a great player, no matter the situations in which he scored them.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
heavens to betsy, red devil my man you need to be sensible.

evans has potential to be a world-beater, but he's not there yet. wes brown is the last guy you made who I'd class as a world-beater, because when he's fit he's quite frankly fucking brilliant (and would be even better had he not lost those two years to injury). but evans? he's not even close really. I mean his major CL appearance consisted of him duffing a clearance to cristian rodriguez's feet and then not closing him down quick enough leading to porto scoring first, and then spending the night standing about 20 yards away from hulk allowing the lil' fucker to build up a massive head of steam running with the ball.

most likely he will turn out to be a world-beater but you're jumping the gun by announcing him already. he may be the second best young defender in the world (although chygrinsky is awesome) but he's about half as good as the first.

similarly, kiko macheda could well be a world-beater. he's a physically developed 17 year old who can play a bit but crucially is a hard-nosed number 9 with an eye for goal. he's VERY promising if you ask me. but he's not someone you "made" like evans or welbeck.

beef-supreme

Add to that Gneg, "Oh no, scored another deflected ball. It was a handball as well!
/in b4 greatest talent in the world shizzle"

Sigh.

B

blueduck

Proper fluke goal. He didn't even move (except for his arm).

Blatant handball and it should have been a yellow.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you can't say it's a fluke and a handball, duck. :lol:

either it's a fluke (and thus accidental handball) or it's deliberate handball to guide it in.

for me, it's probably the latter. it hits his hand accidentally but he does move his hand to ensure the ball bounces off his chest straight rather than rolling off to the side.

B

blueduck

It's a fluke that it came to him but it was a deliberate handball.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Tbh the goal is Cech's fault anyway, he should either be catching that or leaving it for Terry (who would have cleared fairly easily). Macheda didn't seem to know much about it, it came pretty fast at him.

Home of Barca Fans