14 - Javier Mascherano

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique been in bad form and should arguably be benched, but to claim the only thing he got over Mascherano is height is ridiculously stupid. Watch the last 2-3 seasons.

Xaviniesta

Pique been in bad form and should arguably be benched, but to claim the only thing he got over Mascherano is height is ridiculously stupid. Watch the last 2-3 seasons.

Please tell me what he's better at than mascherano (besides aerial ability) instead of just saying the word stupid. And I've watched pique ever since he's been here :)

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Masch isn't just better than Pique in 1v1 situations, he's much much better.

Pretty much any decent CB is better than Pique in those situations. It’s by far the weakest part of his game, especially if it’s up against a fast and agile player. Then I just tend to close my eyes and pray to the Gods.
Big fan of Pique in general, tho. But even back in the days of his Piquenbauer form, he was embarrassed in 1v1 regularly.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

If we get 10 mil that’s not bad business for a 33 year old player. Sad to see him go but if he’ll be in top form for the World Cup then so be it.

Potroh

It wasn't too nice & kind of Valverde that Mashe couldn't come at 4:0 just to say goodbye to the fans...
If he leaves in January, he won't play in the Camp Nou again...

God Serena

It wasn't too nice & kind of Valverde that Mashe couldn't come at 4:0 just to say goodbye to the fans...
If he leaves in January, he won't play in the Camp Nou again...

Valverde doesn't care about anyone but Suarez or Rakitic. He probably doesn't care about Masche leaving even a little bit.

Potroh

He probably doesn't care about Masche leaving even a little bit.

All coaches have their personal favorites...:neutral:
But he represents the club and hence the club should be sort of "grateful" for Mascherano, who played well over 300 games for Barca.
The crowd would have definitely been enthusiastic (specially at the end of a game already won) if both could have said their farewells.
I was almost 100% sure that it will happen, so when Digne came in, simply didn't know where to look, I was ashamed in Valverde's name.
It's a bad sign, as it depicts a stubborn and unemotional coach...

xXKonan

Mascherano is a guy who would fight for the shirt no matter at what cost.

Going by his recent interviews it sounds he feels no longer valued. He said it before he would only leave if he feels like he's not wanted and right now we are approaching the second half of the season and he wants out and wouldn't go back in his word either.

You get this feeling now that Valverde doesn't see Mascherano the way Lucho did. Lucho even in his final season trusted Mascherano a lot even with the arrival of Umtiti and eventually became third choice. But with Valverde you get the feeling he's pretty much third choice and that's it. Like he's only there to make up the numbers along with Verm.

I mean to be fair it was going to happen eventually that Mascherano was going to no longer be first choice as Umtiti is much younger and was groomed to be his successor. But I think Mascherano himself isn't frustrated with being third choice as much as one believes but he's probably more frustrated that he doesn't feel like he's valued enough under Valverde like he was with Lucho.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't know he was on the bench last match. Shame on Valverde for not giving him chance to say goodbye to Camp Nou.

Potroh

Mascherano is a guy who would fight for the shirt no matter at what cost.
Going by his recent interviews it sounds he feels no longer valued. He said it before he would only leave if he feels like he's not wanted and right now we are approaching the second half of the season and he wants out and wouldn't go back in his word either.

Yes indeed.
If he wants to leave, it is absolutely understandable under the circumstances.
The only problem is, that it reminds me (and others) of how Dani Alves left. That was a real shame on the club and look at his last or present year, he is doing really well... and rightly talks bad about the present management...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans