14 - Javier Mascherano

BarçaBarça

It will be sad to see him go. He has developed to be a Barca Great, even though it wasn't likely from the start.

3 strong centerbacks is just too many it seems. Earlier seasons I have argued that we have been extremely lucky with practically no injuries to our centerbacks (and when we are lucky, as opposed to unlucky, no-one really notice), and therefore needed more solid backup-options, to be prepared when things normalized and we get hit by injuries more often. This season has been the ideal setup, imo, but it is apparently a luxury we can't have.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
So glad he finally scored his only goal for us last season. Been a great servant for us and a wonderful player.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
esta-portada-del-diciembre-1513208072965.jpg

Messi983

If we don't get 15-20m for him the board should just resign at this point. Too many players are being given away for nothing and the board needs to show that they know how to run a club. It's a Chinese club for fucks sake. They would give 80m for Denis Suarez.

Chinese clubs are not spending like crazy anymore.

To be fair, I'm all for getting as much as possible for our players but I think club legend like Masche deserves to leave through the front doors and hope we won't really f*** this over for a few millions. Whether is 6 or 9M, I don't really care that much in his case and we won't get 15M+ anyway.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Chinese clubs are not spending like crazy anymore.

To be fair, I'm all for getting as much as possible for our players but I think club legend like Masche deserves to leave through the front doors and hope we won't really f*** this over for a few millions. Whether is 6 or 9M, I don't really care that much in his case and we won't get 15M+ anyway.

He deserved a proper send-off too. Man, I will miss him. Another one from those pep teams gone. :(

Barcilliant

The man was a thorough professional. The fact that he adapted to our style and thrived here is testament to that.

I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity at the club though.

Jombi

No footballer aged 33-34 could cost 15-20m, especially a defender. There are very few exceptions, the likes of Zlatan who at that age joined PSG for 20m.

I hope with Masche heading to China we can squeeze a deal, maximum of 15m, which is twice his current market value.

His value is zero. 15m is delusional.

Xaviniesta

You can't be serious.

I am serious. What is pique better at than mascherano? getting exposed on the counter? better looking slide tackles? :D

pique has height. can't think of anything he is better at than mascherano besides his height, which helps him clear the ball

Home of Barca Fans