14 - Javier Mascherano

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yeah, I also supported Zlatan all along and still now, if he blends in well I would support him.

it's all about supporting the club, and thus supporting the players who play for the betterment of that club.

doesn't mean they can't be criticised for playing poorly or whatever, but ultimately they should have your support as a fan.

Barcafan 2304

It's just a pop at the holier than thou attitude from Barca. They try to project an image of being somehow morally superior to other clubs but with their behaviour towards Arsenal and Liverpool, they are in fact WORSE than any other club in Europe. I shouldn't be surprised. Judging by the behaviour of the Barca-dominated Spanish national team, fairplay and sportsmanship are concepts that are alien to them.

So is the commercially-obsessed and introspective EPL whose clubs whore themselves off to rich, foreign tycoons and sell their souls for a few million. Also, dont pretend that EPL clubs have not brought in players from other countries having turned their heads with the offer of huge wages and benefits from playing in the EPL.

He was told by your hierarchy that he should not play to try and speed up the process and engineer a move sooner.

Barca made a bid that day, JM was aware of it and had a conversation with your people (ie he has agreed terms with you lot already) so yes without any doubts it was Rossell and Co who asked JM to miss that game.

Well, if thats what you think im sure its all true, 100%

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So is the commercially-obsessed and introspective EPL whose clubs whore themselves off to rich, foreign tycoons and sell their souls for a few million. Also, dont pretend that EPL clubs have not brought in players from other countries having turned their heads with the offer of huge wages and benefits from playing in the EPL.

I'd add that the list of underhanded transfers perpetrated by EPL clubs is perhaps longer than any other professional league on the planet

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Gio: Since my internet connection is not willing to cooperate 90% of the time, I can't really reply as fast I'd want to, but anyway..

I'm not blinded by the fact that our management has had a good history of messing up transfers and not conducting themselves in a best possible way. It's a real shame IF it is true that our management has told Masch not to play due to speeding up the transfer process, as that's just NOWHERE near the ideal conduct in such situations. However, I would like to say that you're still acting like a Madridista with an agenda and haven't had anything to back your statement up thus far. So you're really just talking for the sake of it.

Besides, others are chatting shit about Barça now, are they? Haven't this always been the case?

That happened even during our 2008/09 campaign when each and every person had something against Blaugrana and don't tell me otherwise, as I remember quite well of the amount of crap being thrown the club's way. They same had happened for years, so nothing new there. Haters' gonna hate and last summer's Cesc saga didn't do us any good either (well, I could always also say that much was on Cesc's shoulders for not coming up and saying that "NO, Barça will come one day, but for now I want to stay and win titles with my team, Arsenal").

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Masch seems like a likeable and "all about the business" type of dude tbh. I hope a big ego is not what he would bring because we don't need that noise.

Wth is going on with this deal anyway?!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it certainly isn't a big ego thing. he declined the captaincy when maradona first offered it because he felt he wasn't captaincy material. he only accepted it when diego INSISTED.

Pepe Silvia

That is what we need. More humble cats to step in... black out on some murder spree for the club shit. Waking up in a cell and looking around like "what happened?!"

Home of Barca Fans