14 - Javier Mascherano

zanela

IF yaya leaves this is perfect replacement however i pray yaya stays...

how do u know he ll be...Yaya offers us so much more and is better thn him at everything....Yaya fits our system perfectly...

Yaya all the way...there is no1 like him out there...

Mascherano may indeed be a better DM, but he is neither as versatile nor does he complements us as much as Yaya (Aerial ability, long range shooting, technical skills). If we offload Yaya, and bring him as a replacement; our opponents would just have to ship the ball over our heads because we wouldn't have anyone tall enough to grab it.

E

Esteve

Yep. According to Sport, Mascherano would sign for Barça if the club showed an interest. Up to Barça.

E

Esteve

.........and according to his own fucking words he is happy at Anfield

You sound like you're shitting yourself. Well, Benítez is saying the same thing - Not for sale, so calm down. Now we can focus on Yaya, happy days! He's Happy, eh? Maybe he doesn't care for titles. Different strokes for different folks ;)

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Liverpool's 3rd best player in my opinion and a very important peice of the jigsaw. I think he would be more suited to the Premier League.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Rafa Benitez today dismissed speculation linking Javier Mascherano with a move away from Liverpool.
The Argentina international's agent was yesterday quoted as saying our No.20 would be prepared to talk to newly crowned European champions Barcelona.

However, Benitez is adamant Mascherano is not for sale at any price and insisted the 25-year-old is happy to stay at Anfield.

"Mascherano has no price," said the Liverpool boss.

"Barcelona could not afford to match his value to Liverpool Football Club.

"We do not want to sell and Javier is very happy here.

"I have spoken to Javier two or three times this summer – the last time was only last week – and he was very happy, very positive.

"He gave me the private number of his agent, Walter Tamer, and again the conversation was very positive and was all about football.

"Walter told me that two clubs with big, big names were asking after Mascherano – and I told him to forget it, that Javier was happy in Liverpool and he was not for sale.

"So I was surprised to see the agent's comments today.

"He has a long contract and any club can forget about bidding for him. They can offer £40m or even £50m, we don’t want to sell."

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You sound like you're shitting yourself. Well, Benítez is saying the same thing - Not for sale, so calm down. Now we can focus on Yaya, happy days! He's Happy, eh? Maybe he doesn't care for titles. Different strokes for different folks ;)

Well you would be shitting it as well.

You see its different for Barca and Real fans. They don't if they don't make the top 2 on one season they can bulldoze their way the next time and destroy the team which took their place.

What other team in Spain apart from the top 2 regularly win trophies.....

So as Barca supporters you can always sleep easy because you know a lot sooner rather than later you will regain your position because the team which replaces you for the one season cannot sustain it.

SO FUCK THE "HE DOESN'T CARE FOR TITLE SHIT" :angry:

M

Mrs Pique

If rafa benitez wasn't the manager of liverpool i'd say barca would get him. But mascherano is one of rafa's favourite players along with kuyt and gerrard there's no way he'd sell to barca. He's more likely to sell alonso than mascherano, end of season is always interesting because agents are touting their clients to other clubs, it's part of football.

But i can't see this coming to reality imo, rafa won't sell him.

M

Mrs Pique

Oh and according to a source on the liverpool forum who works in the city of london, the americans have the go ahead to refinance on their loans, which means rafa will have a huge transfer kitty for the season. Also according to this source the club will be sold to DIC of dubai and a statement will be made soon. Rafa signed his new contract for a reason maybe he knows what's happening behind the scenes?

We'll see what happens i guess, rafa did say before the season ended that he has money to spend on transfers, more than what people think he said this two weeks before the end of the season :blush: there must be a lot going on behind the scenes then.

And because mascherano already has a long contract with liverpool he doesn't need to extend his like the other spine players. But we'll see what happens anything can happen in football.

nebeer

Love is All
Oh and according to a source on the liverpool forum who works in the city of london, the americans have the go ahead to refinance on their loans, which means rafa will have a huge transfer kitty for the season. Also according to this source the club will be sold to DIC of dubai and a statement will be made soon. Rafa signed his new contract for a reason maybe he knows what's happening behind the scenes?

We'll see what happens i guess, rafa did say before the season ended that he has money to spend on transfers, more than what people think he said this two weeks before the end of the season :blush: there must be a lot going on behind the scenes then.

And because mascherano already has a long contract with liverpool he doesn't need to extend his like the other spine players. But we'll see what happens anything can happen in football.

That' new. Welcome to the forum though.

R

Ramone Starfucker

Liverpool FC have released a statement today..(very unusual)
"Despite repeated media speculation on the futures of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano,
LFC have recieved no official approach or offer, from any club regarding the players.
Neither is for sale,and furthermore, Liverpool FC has no intrest in the long list of spanish based players being linked with a move to Anfield as part of any deal"
Rafa might take £20mill and eto,for the Argentinian captain;) if Mascherano wanted to go.

Home of Barca Fans