14 - Javier Mascherano

clemente

He is such a beast for Argnetina, I'll never understand how does he play like David Silva when in midfield for Argentina, but when we put him into midfield he is like a traffic cone..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is such a beast for Argnetina, I'll never understand how does he play like David Silva when in midfield for Argentina, but when we put him into midfield he is like a traffic cone..

He's not playing like David Silva for them. He cannot create for shit for them and is always a couple of steps behind on the ball.

Watch a game where Barça are chasing the game and you'll see Mascherano advancing the ball forward and trying something different for us too.

It's great that he's playing as a CB for Argentina now as that is his place.

khaled_a_d

He was a midfielder when they had the ball and CB when they lose it, made their midfield better but put a lot of space in their defense and against a counter attacking team they will pay for it

Windhook

One should remember that Masche was never a defender in the first place and he wasn't bought by Barcelona with that position in mind. Back in the summer of 2010 Barcelona were looking for a world-class DM as alternative to the tall and slow Busi and Barcelona got themselves one of the best. I still consider Javier to be one of the best tacklers of the ball in the world, if not the best. He's declining in terms of concentration and speed but the tackling is here to stay.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think he played great tonight. Unfortunately, I think he was there only because Pique is suspended.

Home of Barca Fans