14 - Javier Mascherano

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The referee shouldn't have even allowed Atletico to start the attack when they had a fucking player down injured.

Borbalan was bitching about the ball rolling a bit when we tried to play it quickly and made us retreat and start again. Not once, but several times.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The referee shouldn't have even allowed Atletico to start the attack when they had a fucking player down injured.

Borbalan was bitching about the ball rolling a bit when we tried to play it quickly and made us retreat and start again. Not once, but several times.

Exactly.

God Serena

He didn't slip because he's suddenly an uncoordinated mess, he slipped because he got burned by a pacy attacker. This has been a problem for him for the past several games now, his one on one defending is getting worse as he ages. There were several mistakes made in the buildup to that goal but that doesn't erase the fact that he got burnt as our last defender.

mark1nhu

He didn't slip because he's suddenly an uncoordinated mess, he slipped because he got burned by a pacy attacker. This has been a problem for him for the past several games now, his one on one defending is getting worse as he ages. There were several mistakes made in the buildup to that goal but that doesn't erase the fact that he got burnt as our last defender.

He slipped because he was not expecting Piqué to get nutmegged and suddenly need to change his direction.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "pace" or "age" and anything like that.

Anyway, the one to blame most is definitely Piqué for that reckless tackle "attempt" (to put it in light words).

kilian

The whole team was at fault for that goal. That`s what you get when the whole team is attacking, your defenders aren`t properly concentrated in defensive phase. But that doesn`t justify our centrebacks. They are world class defenders who reacted like dumb and dumber in that action and cost us two points.

Messi983

It's obvious he's not at his best right now and that could be down to tiredness but I think he played much better yesterday than against Leganes or Alaves. Also understandable because he played at his usual position as LCB and not as RCB in Pique's role where he had some problems before even when he was in his best form or as RCB in 3-back line that he and the whole team are not used to play.

I was mad at his slipp when it happened but now I'm not blaming him. That goal was totally preventable but also as much on Pique (who was a beast otherwise and would be our best player had we won) and midfield not helping them enough. And of course also on Borbalan as [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] mentioned. But I usually don't complain about referees so I won't this time as well.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Saved our arse numerous times yesterday, but also had his usual brainfart. Can't blame him: he's a high-risk - high-reward type of a defender.

God Serena

He's been largely at fault for at least a goal per game over his pasts several appearances. Keep denying his lack of pace and age have anything to do with it, but it's a fact that he's declining hard and on this form there's no way he should be our starter. If Mathieu was playing like this he'd be crucified and if Bartra had done this when he was here, well... good fucking luck.

aondoe

That's exactly what I thought. He blew the whistle a few times on the quick restart. I was surprised by that goal, sadly so was the rest of the defense.

opjeoff

He slipped, it was an accident stop making this about his age or his current form. It could have been any player who slipped, it's just we were unlucky and it was Masch when he was the last defender.

God Serena

He slipped, it was an accident stop making this about his age or his current form. It could have been any player who slipped, it's just we were unlucky and it was Masch when he was the last defender.

As if his age or current form have had nothing to do with his performances all season, right.

Home of Barca Fans