14 - Javier Mascherano

khaled_a_d

Reading that Di Marzio piece, it's based off a MD rumor than Di Marzio himself. :lol:

He had like 3 articles.I think only the last one was based on MD.The others came from his side which is probably from sources close to Juve as he has no sources in Barca

Raketa10

fucking pricks .. i hate players when they do that, that's what i call unloyalty, when the clubs offer them long term contracts they gladly accept and voluntarily sign because that secure their futur financially, when they see better prospects they throw any values Under the bus, honor your contracts you greedy fucks

ps : if i was in charge i would do him what Manchester done to DeGea, force him to honor his contract, there is nothing wrong with it, those greedy fucks dont respect shit why should we

I totally agree! Force him to honour the contract. I am honestly iritated by this non stop wage demands. Dear Masche you have signed contract now honor it, or if Juve pays 100m you may go. He has 32 years so he has maximum 2 more years of football at this level. I would not give him a new contract. No way!
This wage increase trend in the middle of contract duration has to stop. It will ruin us!

FC B

What the freak is this shit? I was hoping Douglas, Verm, Adriano would leave but not our jefecito. It would be a major blow to Barca if he decided to leave and won't change his mind, the guy is simply irreplaceble.:angry:

xXKonan

He had like 3 articles.I think only the last one was based on MD.The others came from his side which is probably from sources close to Juve as he has no sources in Barca
When it comes to Barcelona and Di Marzio links, it's a hit and miss for the most part. I remember a year ago he claimed his Napoli sources told him Bartra was on his way to Napoli and they held and Emergency board meeting to come up with the money to pay Barca with. Until Bartra's agency called him out on twitter and he quickly deleted his tweets and article on it. :lol:

I wouldn't doubt Juventus, has interest in Masche, but no way we are going to sell him. Especially with Lucho, being at the helm here.

jamrock

It's about time he leaves, great player and servant he has been to the club, but we need to start thinking about the future at CB.

Messi983

Fuck all of them. Give the man what he asks for. We cannot afford to experiment.

What IF he asks to leave? I don't think it's about him wanting more money or new contract, so that we could give him what he wants. He probably just thinks he needs a new challenge in his career. We can't do much if that's his reason for considering leaving. We also shouldn't change our transfer plans of buying younger CB because of him and we can't guarantee him playing as much next season as he has so far if we get good young CB. What Lucho and other captains should tell him is that he'll stay important part of the team no matter who we buy but he already knows that. And IF he has already decided to leave it will be very hard to convince him to stay. No doubt the club don't want to sell him but if they hear his reasoning maybe they'll consider to let him go for a good transfer fee. I love Masche and know he's a true professional but is it really good to keep a player (even as good and important as him) if he's not 100% here with his heart anymore for whatever reason?

Anyway, I don't think he's really thinking about leaving. He's probably still disappointed that he let his team down with red card in Copa final but will go through that over the next month when he's with NT.

Trickykid

It's about time he leaves, great player and servant he has been to the club, but we need to start thinking about the future at CB.

Yeah, let's sell our best defender this season just because we need to think of the future...
Masch would be the perfect tutor for an up and coming young CB, and should remain as long as he's up for the task.

khaled_a_d

When it comes to Barcelona and Di Marzio links, it's a hit and miss for the most part. I remember a year ago he claimed his Napoli sources told him Bartra was on his way to Napoli and they held and Emergency board meeting to come up with the money to pay Barca with. Until Bartra's agency called him out on twitter and he quickly deleted his tweets and article on it. :lol:

I wouldn't doubt Juventus, has interest in Masche, but no way we are going to sell him. Especially with Lucho, being at the helm here.

Again,I don't think Di Marzio has any sources in Barca.He rarely talks about us and right now it doesn't seem than any media outlet knows what is happening in the club.there is a reason that MD has nothing better to do than recycle that Marquinhos,Stones,Laporte shit again & again.Even when we made an official offer for Lemos they knew it from the Canarian media
But that was leaked from Italy not from Catalonia.Di Marzio never stated Barca wanted to sell and actually suggested otherwise.MD I think was the last to react as even Sport has the news b4 them(and may be b4 Di Marzio himself.not sure about the timeline)
The last article that mentioned MD wasn't written by Di Marzio himself.
It will be interesting situation and probably it will be the 1st to be resolved.Doubt that things won't be sorted after end of June

jamrock

Yeah, let's sell our best defender this season just because we need to think of the future...
Masch would be the perfect tutor for an up and coming young CB, and should remain as long as he's up for the task.

Yeah perfect time, get a bit of money for him, and spend it on a defender than will be with us for the next decade.

Trickykid

Yeah perfect time, get a bit of money for him, and spend it on a defender than will be with us for the next decade.

The feeble amount of money we'd fetch for a 32 yo. Mascherano would be nothing compared to the impact of having him in the squad for a few more seasons. Again, you don't just sell and aging player because he's aging, you do it because he's also stagnating. And I think we can all agree that Masch hasn't stagnated this season.

spark

At that time Gerard Romero was the first who dismissed the Bartra rumors. This time Gerard, who isn't known for making things up, is the one saying that Masche wants to go. If both countries reliable journalist are saying it, then it likely came directly from Mascherano's agent. I personally don't believe the club will blockade and force a true professional and great servant like Mascherano to stay if he really wants to go. This is already the club that he spent the most time in his career so if hes after something different in Italy before he retires they will likely try to help him as long as certain conditions are met, a la Pedro.

Last edited:
If he leaves we need to get Mustafi.

I would have liked to get something out of the deal and make it a player swap deal for Pogba or something, but if he leaves most of our transfer budget will have to go to a CB.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

[tw]735473880945549313[/tw]

According to this journalist, it's not Masch that wants to leave, but the club who wants to sell him. Keep calling him a greedy prick, please :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans