14 - Javier Mascherano

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Keita isn't competing for the same position as Yaya, Sergio. When the ACN arrives, only Sergio remains. There NEEDS to be a back-up for that position in january.

So I hope that the midfield exists of the following players (given guddy and hleb will leave);
Keita
Sergio
Yaya
Mascherano
Iniesta
Xavi

I think that's like plenty of everything divided over several players! and if there is one thing we lack comparing to Manchester: squad depth.

nebeer

Love is All
Mascherano would be a good move if he comes as an addition. I would love to see him rotate with Yaya.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Keita isn't competing for the same position as Yaya, Sergio. When the ACN arrives, only Sergio remains. There NEEDS to be a back-up for that position in january.

So I hope that the midfield exists of the following players (given guddy and hleb will leave);
Keita
Sergio
Yaya
Mascherano
Iniesta
Xavi

I think that's like plenty of everything divided over several players! and if there is one thing we lack comparing to Manchester: squad depth.

What about Rafa Marquez? He played as DM for quite a while few years back.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
What about Rafa Marquez? He played as DM for quite a while few years back.

Indeed Marquez would have us covered, and i know some people upon reading this will be jumping for their keyboards with the "NO WAI" responce, but if we needed him there he'd come through for us imo.

One of my friends thinks Yaya may be looking for a way out. He believes Yaya wants to play alongside his brother for a while. However if that is indeed the case i would rather us either; Buy Kolo, arrange a loan deal with Aresnal for Kolo or loan Yaya to Arsenal (if we get Mascherano) for a season (since he'l be away from Barca for the ACN for a bit anyway) than sell our midfield powerhouse.

And if he does end up sold *touch wood!!!* we better shoehorn something out of Arsenal for our troubles like Fabregas or Arshavin.

As for Mascherano i would still prefer Yaya and Busquets rotating to him. Us Scot's spent the whole Scotland Argentina friendly booing him because of his apparent whining lol. We also boo'ed Argentina's number 3 (their left back) for his antics and then proceeded to boo their number 13 when number 3 was subbed simply because he had a '3' in his number. Hey we were losing and need something to entertain outselves :D
Javier Zanetti (the REAL Argentina Captain) however was applauded after skining our entire left flank in a single dribble (at 35 years old!).

Last edited:

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
do u think Fabregas is competent enough to play as DM? im curious about that, having it like

---fab---
xavi-iniesta

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
never must have a ball winner in there maybe iniesta up left with xavi cesc and yay or mash winning the ball

JALJM

do u think Fabregas is competent enough to play as DM? im curious about that, having it like

---fab---
xavi-iniesta
no

second thought

--xavi--
fab-iniesta
no

tackling is an important skill in a DM. If we play play those 3 together, the most sensible way would be as spain does...with a true DM behind them. Of course, i dont think it's likely we'll get Cesc anyway

V

Valon

There's a reason I call him Machete! He's great but I like Yaya more but if we lose Yaya I'd love to have him.

nebeer

Love is All
IF yaya leaves this is perfect replacement however i pray yaya stays...

Mash can come even if Yaya stays. They can rotate and have a very healthy competition. Sometimes we even play 2 defensive midfielders and Iniesta goes to the left wing.

Home of Barca Fans