14 - Javier Mascherano

Stric

The way I saw it, after the collision between him and Cristina, he was on the ground (in pain allegedly), Cristiano was mocking him for acting and at the moment when the ref looked away, Cristiano went and pinched his ear, which started the whole argument really. If I'm not mistaken about the ear pinching (I could be), that should have been a second yellow for Cristina, since it's deliberate provocation.

Morten

The way I saw it, after the collision between him and Cristina, he was on the ground (in pain allegedly), Cristiano was mocking him for acting and at the moment when the ref looked away, Cristiano went and pinched his ear, which started the whole argument really. If I'm not mistaken about the ear pinching (I could be), that should have been a second yellow for Cristina, since it's deliberate provocation.

I dont know if Masch was in pain before that, but the moment Ronaldo touched his head it was as if Masch was going to die of pain.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Probably was in pain before that, but i dont see what either Ronaldo or Carvajal did to cause him to suffer mortal agony.

Rolling around grabbing his head is a bit much, I agree. But running into Ronaldo's raised feet like that had to have hurt.

Morten

Rolling around grabbing his head is a bit much, I agree. But running into Ronaldo's raised feet like that had to have hurt.

It really reminds me of Masch vs Adebaoyor a few years back. Masch isnt the type to dive alot, but maybe once in a while he does it as well.

DrPepper

Busi coming back in a huge blessing.

Masch absolutely cannot be put in this position against world class opposition.

That's the problem. As good as Mascherano is, he can't be trusted in either DM or CB against top opposition.

Real still tried putting in some crosses but Mathieu easily coped with it, whereas Mascherano would have had huge problems.

L

linetty

He's a perfect English leauge midfielder. But for Barca he's horrible, terrible, awful. Keep disagreeing if you want but I'm the one who's right.

How do you want to compete in midfield against Real Madrid...eh, nevermind.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He's a perfect English leauge midfielder. But for Barca he's horrible, terrible, awful. Keep disagreeing if you want but I'm the one who's right.

How do you want to compete in midfield against Real Madrid...eh, nevermind.

With Mascherano hate again...
Sure blame Mascherano, Iniesta and Rakitic has nothing to do with midfield control or the fact that RM probably has the best midfield in the world right now. And you still didn't answer me a question - did we control the game in first el clasico when Busi was playing?

PhilS

After one not so good game by Masch, a lot of people forget quite a few games this season when Busquets pretty much disappeared. In his worst games, Masch snuffs quite a few attacks pretty much on his own. This seems to be invisible to most of the fans, but not to his coaches and teammates.

More than one Barca player had passing problems yesterday, mainly in the first half. It is not a coincidence that RM was fantastic pressing for much of the game. Modric defended like he was actually inside the brains of the Barca players, he knew where they were going to pass before they did.

Masch did mess up once big time, on CR7's goal.

L

linetty

did we control the game in first el clasico when Busi was playing?
We were still adjusting to new ideas that Lucho was introducing so that's irrelevant either way.

Busquets calms the game down and regulates the tempo. Of course it's Masch's fault we kept losing the ball on our half.

Stric

Am I the only one who prefers Mascherano to Busquets? I'm sorry but Busquets, however good he is at moments, has been unreliable for the past few seasons.

Mascherano is easily among the top 3 DMs in the world. And he doesn't even play in that position regularly.

He was immense in the WC.

Home of Barca Fans