14 - Javier Mascherano

JamDav1982

Ok, I had not in mind that it was such an easy mistake. Thought it was a higher ball which Busi could barely reach. The defense should still cover up such mistakes with better positioning imo.

Where would you want the defence to be there?

They are playing a high line as far away as possible from the goals.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Dani should have stayed some more meters back. He is playing the striker onside but because he is on his level and not behind him he can not catch up after the header.
As I said: It was my bad to say that Busi made no mistake but the positioning of the back line is not good ins this situation.

JamDav1982

Dani should have stayed some more meters back. He is playing the striker onside but because he is on his level and not behind him he can not catch up after the header.
As I said: It was my bad to say that Busi made no mistake but the positioning of the back line is not good ins this situation.

The back line is fine.

The striker cant be offside as Busquets flicked it on. There was never a chance their player was winning it and every Barca player can see it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what Lucho meant with "I'd prefer to concede and play with 11 men" when answering on Mascherano's red.
To me it looked the Argentinian stepped on him unintentionally.

raskolnikov

Don't know what Lucho meant with "I'd prefer to concede and play with 11 men" when answering on Mascherano's red.
To me it looked the Argentinian stepped on him unintentionally.
It means he shouldnt have fouled him, probably Lucho thought he did it intentionally.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It was obvious it was unintentional for tv viewers... Masche clipped their player with his knee while trying to go behind him, it was just bad luck...

I wanted to see what Bravo did if their player went through, though...

He's shown time and time again that he isn't a CB. He's already cost us a CL final. Almost cost us a quarter final in the following season too. I'm not too thrilled with the Mathieu signing, but at least he's a CB unlike Masch.

Both of them make me nervous. Let's just start with Mathieu and Vermaleen

Vermaelen is injured.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He's shown time and time again that he isn't a CB. He's already cost us a CL final and he almost cost us a quarter final in the following season. I'm not too thrilled with the Mathieu signing, but at least he's a CB unlike Masch.

He isn't a CB, he is short etc. etc., but you forget how many times he has cleaned up the mess that Alves, Busi and Pique left with his tackling. Last season stats in Liga: tackles won: 2.9, interceptions: 2.9, clearances: 3.3. If not for Javier we might conceded more than 33 goals last season in Liga and our problems in defence are more complex than Mascherano being not real CB, it has more to do with other factors - not enough defensive contribution from midfield, Pique being error prone and too slow, other players lack height when defending against set pieces etc.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The only problem I have with mascherano is that he cant jump high enough to cover for his length and the few brainfarts he sometimes has. I still didnt forget those 2 goals from benzema against us , were he wasnt tall/didnt jump high enough.

Home of Barca Fans