14 - Javier Mascherano

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You must be joking.........

More like £50m plus Eto'o.

To me Torres is priceless I wouldn't sell for £100000000m because we could not buy a better striker in the world today with that cash.

B

blueduck

You must be joking.........

More like £50m plus Eto'o.

To me Torres is priceless I wouldn't sell for £100000000m because we could not buy a better striker in the world today with that cash.

I agree. Even with their "meltdown" he would be the second to last player Liverpool would sell if they had to.

nebeer

Love is All
The press say that Guardiola has spoken to Mascherano personally. The Argentine is one of the 3/4 transfer targets of Guardiola.

Warik

Would rather him over Melo tbh, as Melo is what Busquets will be in a couple of years in terms of style.

I

Iniesta 'AI8'

Yaya youre isn´t going nowhere, he is staying with barca, I dont want macherano. yaya toure is one of the main reason that we won the historic treble. NO MACHERANO

nebeer

Love is All
The media says that Barca have offered Inter Yaya + 40 mil for Ibra! Maybe that's why they wanna buy Mascherano!

M

Medo

Since Yaya can play any position, Mascherano would be a great asset.
Absolutely a player who makes other better.
Yaya can play Central defender, next to Pique or Puyol, Mascherano on nr6-position.

Mascherano is the kind of player every coach wants in his team.
He takes care of the balance and lets the true artists shine.
Great positioning, great passing, tackle, agressive but fair style of play... He lets his teammates play 20 m more upfront, so you can press the opposition against their own goal... and with the likes of messi making actions there, Barca would be even stronger.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Mascherano is great player, really. But I still don't understand why any mentally sane person would let Yaya go? It must me stupid rumours all this. It would be like selling Messi to buy CR (but Masch is not a douch - you see where I'm going though?)?

I think it's all BS!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
IF this mascherano stuff is going on, I think it COULD indicate two things.

1. laporta wants to fuck perez up by buying mascherano (thus giving liverpool no cause to sell alonso).
2. yaya is leaving OR pep wants to reposition yaya in CB with pique.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
2. yaya is leaving OR pep wants to reposition yaya in CB with pique.
And deploy puyol as one of the backs (back-up)?

I hope Mascherano is just an addition to the likes of yaya and Busquets and not a recplament of yaya. If he's an addition, that would be ok for me. replacement for yaya would suck for me.

beef-supreme

And deploy puyol as one of the backs (back-up)?

I hope Mascherano is just an addition to the likes of yaya and Busquets and not a recplament of yaya. If he's an addition, that would be ok for me. replacement for yaya would suck for me.

I think Puyol will be the combined back-up CB and LB/RB either way. I see either Márquez or Henrique partnering Piqué at CB for the majority of matches. Then we will sign an attacking LB and that way every position at the back will have more than a player capable of playing there without any worries.

If you envisage Mascherano coming in as an addition to Yaya and Busquets, then that will mean that Keita can't stay. And while it may sound better on paper, I don't really see Keita leaving just like that after a season. It's not like there will be any desperate suitors. Yaya is a different situation though. I am sure many teams would love to sign him. I see absolutely no reason as to why we should sell Yaya, because I love him. But if the club decides to exchange him for Mascherano, then that would also work theoretically.
On second thoughts, perhaps Mascherano could come in as an addition to who we have already - with the Africans being absent during the ACN, we will have midfield of Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta + Masch if he came. His arrival could also eliminate the need to buy Cesc, because we would have enough midfielders to suit each situation (two big guys and one midget for steel or two midgets and one big guy for skill etc.). Alternatively, it could still herald the arrival of Cesc but eliminate the need for a LW, with Iniesta taking up a more permanent role there.

Either way, it's possible to shuffle the line-up if he is to arrive. If we can get him it might just be a good move, because it would make it easier for us to avoid having to get more expensive and hard-to-reach targets.

Hmm....

Home of Barca Fans