14 - Javier Mascherano

Teifn

Spox.com says that Javier is very willing to come to Barca beacause of his family. He told Liverpool that his wife won't come back to England after their baby was born. The only barrier could be the price. LFC wants 41 mio and Barca is willing to give them 21 + Bojan (on loan?? I dont know.)

I think he would fit into Pep's rotating system, because I'm not a big fan of keita (I think Busqets is much better and younger).

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Spox.com says that Javier is very willing to come to Barca beacause of his family. He told Liverpool that his wife won't come back to England after their baby was born. The only barrier could be the price. LFC wants 41 mio and Barca is willing to give them 21 + Bojan (on loan?? I dont know.)

I think he would fit into Pep's rotating system, because I'm not a big fan of keita (I think Busqets is much better and younger).

is that true about his wife?

that explains where all this bollocks has come from if true.

Teifn

His wife doesnt want to live in England anymore and Javier told that to LFC, si its very realistic that he will be transfered to us.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Imo, a very good buy for us. If we get him our midfield is secured. We can play Busquets in CM and DM. But one thing that worries me is that Pep isn't giving our youngsters many chances and the arrival of Masch would also diminish Busquets playing time. Pep if anybody should understand our philosophy?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm think this may actually be real, and not just shit to get yaya to sign.

but what will happen, is no cesc (he will be the big name for the 2010 election).

basically, we sign badger, and he and yaya are the DM's, and busquets then becomes more of a xavi sub.

I don't know if I really agree with that, because I do see busquets as a DM primarily (but then he'd be an all-around DM, like xabi is). but badger is a world-class DM, second only to djila really. gets across the pitch like a fuckin' wolverine. and pep loves that shit. plus he's not THAT bad going forward.

JALJM

ye, it seems we prefer mascherano instead of a more attacking player like cesc or modric who could fill in at CM. i guess that when either xavi or iniesta are rested, we'll go to a 2-pivot midfield.
I can't say i like the idea as none of these DMs have any playmaking ability (a la xabi alonso), but we'll see...

and who knows, maybe by the end of the summer, we'll have sold yaya or keita. If not, then it's likely one of them (or busquets) will be on the bench a lot next season.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think essien would be better for us than masch and i read today he wouldbe willing to leave chelski for barça or madrid

if only we could have masch on loan for just jan and feb

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
essien's not a DM. also, putting him in our midfield would be like putting nietzsche in the middle of a conversation between heidegger and kant. he's a glorious player but not suited to our team IMO.

would much rather have badger, as he actually is a DM.

Last edited:
P

Patrick_dosSantos

Masch would be a super signing. Takes no crap what so ever. Someone said earlier that he gives away to many fouls. He's a DM and there aren't to many DM that can make the most tackles in a World Cup and be booked just once and Masch did that in 2006. I hope we get him, he would give Xavi and Iniesta alot more creative freedom going forward as well.

P

Patrick_dosSantos

Not likely. Henrique is back from loan at Leverkusen and is meant to be fantastic. I feel it will be him and Puyol fighting to partner Pique next season. And then there is Caceres who looks like a great prospect with a bit more experience.

V

Vega

Not to forget Milito who will hopefully be back with us somewhere around September/October ;-)

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
essien's not a DM. also, putting him in our midfield would be like putting nietzsche in the middle of a conversation between heidegger and kant

:lol:

That's a very smart way to describe something and you used it for a football game.

Yeahh, essien is very good option. But he would be a very expensive player to sign. Considering he's playing in EPL and he's a member of the big four team.

Home of Barca Fans