14 - Javier Mascherano

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I guess he's no longer Gascherano.
Mixed feelings about this move, but at least we have another Argie. :wub:

also, we sold yaya touré - a top 5-10 DM in the world - for £27m and signed mascherano - the #1 DM in the world (or #2 if djila recovers) - for £17m, making a £10m profit!

lovely jubbly!

Err, it doesn't quite work like that.
Yaya =
apple-full.jpg

Masch =
ttar_orange_01_h_launch.jpg

and what Masch is better at involves a limited focus.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Mixed feelings about this move, but at least we have another Argie. :wub:

you are gloriously predictable. :D

Err, it doesn't quite work like that.
Yaya = apple
Masch = orange
and what Masch is better at involves a limited focus.

it's more like yaya is two nice apples but mascherano is one delicious apple.

yaya was a rather good DM, a great CM and a passable AM.

and while badger is just a DM, he is a magnificent DM. both objectively and for a system like ours. badger was BRED for collective pressing.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
first let me begin by saying that I was a Yaya-ista.

second, let me continue by saying that I effing love this xfer. the fee is:

"Liverpool have now confirmed that they have agreed a fee with Barca, reported to be an initial €16 million rising to a potential €22 million." from ESPN Soccernet

that's one reason. World Class DM for €16 (it will probably be €22 if we win La Liga and the CL I guess?) is unbelievable. Great to see that the club got the better of a deal for once. Now, what's also awesome is that Masch is no hybrid DM like Toure is. Masch is a born and bred DM who is capable of making the short pass to Xavi/Pique/Iniesta when he wins the ball in midfield. It will either give Xaviesta more freedom or make our pressing coverage more complete. My goodness. I was under the impression that these rumours about him were too good to be true, so I held off commenting, but good grief am I excited to see him Blaugrana. amazing!

dalitis8

Banned
and the ones you've been bashing were practical fringe players ;) Possible exception might be Ibra but he still won us the classico :D

No...they were crap...Chygga was supposed to be Puyol's replacement at CB...he was abysmal...Ibra was supposed to add a new dimension to the team..all he did was to take away from the team...Henry after a heroic 08/09 season was utterly crap in 09/10...as for Rafa Marquez...I mean the man was passed it...

yea i really dont think robinho would be that bad... his passing vison and play making has improved alot with his time in brasil...

also its weird i seem to be agreeing with dalitis more recently.. weused to bicker alot

The only major disagreement I can recall was the UCL/La Liga dichotomy...oh...and Sergio Busquets....

Chainsaw

Killahead
Pep might play both El Jefecito and Busquet together if he's gonna play cautious and therefore move Iniesta upfront besides Villa and Messi, or Ibra and Messi (if Ibra stays).

Home of Barca Fans