Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-3

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.

La Liga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 1-3

Saturday, October 24, 16:00 CET

-
    -------

Let’s go champ.

I have lost count how many el classicos it's been since I have said both teams are meh in form.
    RESULTS CAN BE MISLEADING. LOOK DEEPER

Please just don't start Nullmann...

Used to get nervous as fuck before Clasico's and excited. Nothing like that now.

I've not been nervous since the Pep vs Mou clasicos. We've mostly owned them under Lucho and EV (except for those first two Supercopa clasicos when he took over after the whole Neymar drama) but tbh I'm usually more comfortable when we play them at our training ground in Madrid than at Camp Nou.

Also, 8 players could make their El Clasico debut. Neto will start for sure. With Alba returning Dest probably won't start but could come off the bench, the same for Pjanić. Pedri and Trincao were usually Koeman's first subs so far so I expect them to play as well. Puig, Araujo and Firpo will probably need to wait for the next time.

Last edited by Messi983; 23rd October 2020 at 11:23 AM.

The excitement is still there, you always want to beat Madrid. But nowadays winning/losing doesn't matter that much.

Both teams are shite and can drop points at any time and in the long run it's not the best team that wins the league, it's the team that's the least shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    The excitement is still there, you always want to beat Madrid. But nowadays winning/losing doesn't matter that much.

Both teams are shite and can drop points at any time and in the long run it's not the best team that wins the league, it's the team that's the least shit.
    This. The quality has dropped so the excitement of the match has as well. It's not the same without Prime Messi/Ronaldo obviously.

I hope soon they will have their next super star and Barca too. Haaland vs Mbappe?

My line up

Neto---Bob, Pique, Lenglet, Dest---Busi, DJ---Dembele, Coutinho, Fati---Messi

Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I've not been nervous since the Pep vs Mou clasicos. We've mostly owned them under Lucho and EV (except for those first two Supercopa clasicos when he took over after the whole Neymar drama) but tbh I'm usually more comfortable when we play them at our training ground in Madrid than at Camp Nou.

Also, 8 players could make their El Clasico debut. Neto will start for sure. With Alba returning Dest probably won't start but could come off the bench, the same for Pjanić. Pedri and Trincao were usually Koeman's first subs so far so I expect them to play as well. Puig, Araujo and Firpo will probably need to wait for the next time.

why would Dest, an actual RB signed to play at RB, be benched for Alba at LB? surely Dest plays RB ahead of Bob who isn't even a RB

Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    why would Dest, an actual RB signed to play at RB, be benched for Alba at LB? surely Dest plays RB ahead of Bob who isn't even a RB
    Didn't you know? Being Catalan and 4th Captain allows you to play out of position with constant bad performances in the big games and still get picked

Roberto is usually pretty good in Clasico so can let him off this time. Really hope Dest takes his position permanently though.

Latest reports saying Alba most certainly won't start the game. Many tight and important games ahead so he shouldn't be risked.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Latest reports saying Alba most certainly won't start the game. Many tight and important games ahead so he shouldn't be risked.

better not risk him until the end of the season then

Quote Originally Posted by ronniecro View Post
    better not risk him until the end of the season then
    +1

16:00? Shit time.