Eduardo Camavinga

mc_lovin

Who are the interesting players though? Camavinga and Bruno Guimaraes? The former is virtually impossible as well given Madrid efforts.

El Gato

Villarato!
Zidane's hardon for compatriots is mildly amusing. I do wonder if he even tries to get something out of guys with remotely similar amount of potential as Camavinga that aren't French ubertalents, or does he do a Jović treatment with them where he's just sorta meh until they learn Spanish.

Hopefully we sign him for under 40 and loan him for 1-2 years + sign a vet DM from somewhere. Javi Martinez for 20 + Ceballos on loan to Bayern and I'm good.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tbf we're in a bad financial situation right now. They have until June 30th to balance the books and we need 60-70m from what I've read.

This COVID situation and their incompetence in general have screwed up what we can do this summer. Could be one of the reasons they're desperate to flog off most of our players, but so far no one is willing to move :lol:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...get-wiped-out-by-coronavirus-pandemic-sources

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Who knows. I wouldnt trust the media at all, they have no clue. That said, Corona would be a reasonable excuse not to spend money. The discussed Arthur deal looked shady though (if it was true).

As for getting rid of other players. Well, we have a lot of dead weight :lol:

Edit: These rumours that we have to make X amount of money till date Y somehow always come up and were never true.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who knows. I wouldnt trust the media at all, they have no clue. That said, Corona would be a reasonable excuse not to spend money. The discussed Arthur deal looked shady though (if it was true).

As for getting rid of other players. Well, we have a lot of dead weight :lol:

Edit: These rumours that we have to make X amount of money till date Y somehow always come up and were never true.

Except when the club have budgeted for 124m in player sales in this financial year and only sold Malcom for 40m so far, which means, that it is actually true.

Jordi Cardoner confirmed that their budget is compromised too.

serghei

Tbf we're in a bad financial situation right now. They have until June 30th to balance the books and we need 60-70m from what I've read. Yea

This COVID situation and their incompetence in general have screwed up what we can do this summer. Could be one of the reasons they're desperate to flog off most of our players, but so far no one is willing to move :lol:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc...get-wiped-out-by-coronavirus-pandemic-sources

Yea, we're lucky that, even though the squad is old, it is filled with quality players. That's why I would like to not sell anybody. Just use the squad that we have. Now is not a good time to sell.

Just use this year to try to get some cohesion, recover the injured players, and push a player or two in the team. Like Fati and somebody else. Maybe bring back Coutinho as well if we can't sell him for good money, rather than loan him for cheap.

Lautaro is a luxury now. We have Messi, Suarez who are not moving anywhere, Griezmann, and Dembele (he'll be back soon) + Fati and Colgate as options. Plus Coutinho possibly. These guys are morons. We are overstacked up front if everybody is fit. Especially if Coutinho comes back, and I don't think under current circumstances, that's such a bad thing.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
RMC radio now indicating PSG are in on the sweepstakes to try and secure Camavinga in the time French window is open before the market opens up for the rest of Europe.

Newcomer

RMC radio now indicating PSG are in on the sweepstakes to try and secure Camavinga in the time French window is open before the market opens up for the rest of Europe.

He won't go to PSG, even if we want him. Would be good for us though.

Also, this french window is one of the stupidest thing ever. It is not like Rennes or the player are in an hurry. They do not need to move (if they move that is) before the international market is up. The more competition, the better for the club and the player.

This French market is only for average players who wouldn't be sold abroad. Only Lyon and Monaco really invest big money in those moves, bar your rare Mbapp? transfer.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yh I think he might be set on Madrid.

It'd be great if we can settle on something like 60-80 fee accounting for investment + 2-year loan at Rennes. Great price for us considering it could go much higher and great deal for him because he gets to play. If it's the terms that are stopping Rennes from doing the deal then there's nothing to worry about from Madrid fan perspective. But I do hope nobody else rates him high enough to pay more than Madrid are willing.

Plus next year is the summer where Mbappe saga might culminate so securing him now is wise whatever the price tag. Just arrange the time for him to play elsewhere instead of having to sit in Madrid under pretense of learning the language and watching Casemiro play 90% of minutes.

JamDav1982

Yh I think he might be set on Madrid.

It'd be great if we can settle on something like 60-80 fee accounting for investment + 2-year loan at Rennes. Great price for us considering it could go much higher and great deal for him because he gets to play. If it's the terms that are stopping Rennes from doing the deal then there's nothing to worry about from Madrid fan perspective. But I do hope nobody else rates him high enough to pay more than Madrid are willing.

Plus next year is the summer where Mbappe saga might culminate so securing him now is wise whatever the price tag. Just arrange the time for him to play elsewhere instead of having to sit in Madrid under pretense of learning the language and watching Casemiro play 90% of minutes.

Would think paying 60-80m for a player you wont see for two years is unlikely in this market.

Be as well letting him stay and pick him up in couple of years as cant see a Rennes player going for much more than that and as you said seems he has decided on Real.

Newcomer

Would think paying 60-80m for a player you wont see for two years is unlikely in this market.

Be as well letting him stay and pick him up in couple of years as cant see a Rennes player going for much more than that and as you said seems he has decided on Real.

60 M€ is not that far fetched imo. Rennes does not need money. They are owned by Pinault.

El Gato

Villarato!

We've done 1 year loan with Vinicius, two years isn't that much of a stretch. It's perhaps unlikely since Rennes could just wait and wait watching the price go up instead of putting pen to paper, but his contract is up next summer so they have 1 season maximum with him - either now or next summer. Real will probably push for it to be now, because they'll have a lot of transfer activity next year with a bunch of players who have some market value entering their final contract years (Bale, Isco, Carvajal) and a Mbappe transfer to negotiate. Otherwise they'll be letting Barcelona and United to bring out proper war chests for him. And Camavinga himself would rather Madrid it feels like. So it's just a question of where in the range of 50-80 do both clubs feel it's reasonable and if Real offers 2 year loan then they also get Camavinga for the entire length of his contract while also making money.

Home of Barca Fans