Barcelona finances

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Income Graph

* Note - it`s been somewhat controversial what Barca put in the income list. And that often is the grey area, liable to subjective interpretations. And the graphs have been supplied by Barcelona so take it with a pinch of salt
** One other thing to consider is the inflation. Actual growth is really smaller as prices and costs went up.

fpqoheuuzl.jpg

Iniesta

Boix: “We’ll settle the syndicated loan on 31 October”

Aleix Santacana / Anna Segura

Barcelona’s vice-chairman for finance, Joan Boix, has announced that at the end of October the club’s syndicated loan will be down to zero. He also offered reassurance in the light of the world economic situation.

When the current board took over at the club in the summer of 2003, Barcelona applied for a syndicated bank facility to restructure the club’s debt. Joan Boix, club vice-chairman for finance and treasurer, has announced on ‘Zona Mixta' on Barça TV that this loan will be paid off on 31 October.

€92.5 million

Over the last five years Barcelona has paid back €92.5 million of the syndicated loan given by a group of banks headed by La Caixa. This October “it’ll be down to zero” after repayment of the outstanding €13.6 million since 30 June, said Boix.

Thanks to the banks

Boix thanked the banks for helping the club. “They believed in the project and backed us when we were at a sporting and financial low,” he said. That means that the club will continue to deal with the banks once the loan has finished, and indeed amongst other things they guarantee player payments.

Economic crisis

Boix also spoke about the world financial crisis and said that it would only affect “small areas and we have those under control”. The club’s contracts with Mediapro and Nike are “fixed, in force and ongoing and cover a high percentage of the club’s expenses”.

Careful

Joan Boix was confident that “we can meet the budget of €380 million we announced at the assembly of delegates”.

Nonetheless, Boix did admit that there would be minor things like corporate events “which will have to be cut back” though in general “we have the impact of the crisis on Barça under control”.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/ ... 03185.html

I have not heard of it getting paid off yet. After this is paid off how much other debt do we have?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a tough question. Personally I resent Soriano and the way he camouflaged the figures in his last presentation. Bank debt is cleared. But other debts were much larger. Payments to other clubs, real-estate debt... Some, as Javier Faus, suggest it`s as big as 300 million - same figure as in Gaspart era. Which is 5 million more than last year. But there isn`t really an accurate figure because much depends on interpretation and whats considered as a debt.

But I don`t think we`ll ever be out of debt, most major clubs are in the same boat. And I don`t know if we`ll catch up with Real Madrid`s revenue. But in the end it it`s not really all about money. We have a good youth system. Majority of big clubs have to look to market for their key players whereas our job is much easier with likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol or Messi coming through the ranks. If we manage to maintain that pattern and keep our wonderkids (Assulin case coming up) then we`ll be fine.

M.L. King

The Preacher
It's almost impossible for any team to stay in the positive balance. We may be in debt but as Bojan said it's really nothing to worry about. We may count ourselves lucky for not being harmed by the recent financial crises, like Chelsea and Manchester United were. I think our financial squad is doing a great job.

Iniesta

Michel Platini has come out and said a few times, he wants to introduce a rule that no clubs with debt can partake in Comps :?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Then he`ll have to do without us, Real Madrid, Man Utd... As far as I know only major clubs that are without debt are those who have been bought recently by billionnaires and AC Milan and Bayern Munich.
I wouldn`t worry about it. It`s just not gonna happen. Platini, like most French, just talks too much ;)

B

Bardh

Except for his stubborn decision to keep hold of Frank for the second time, Laporta has done wonders. His team turned around what was a retarded management to accurate spending and magnified income. Xavier Sala-i-Martin, the guy who likes to wear strange stuff, is a top 10 cited economist in the world (economists are measured by the number of their citations in literature). He helped the board shape policies that brought FCB to this level in financial terms and it's admiring especially for me as an extremely frugal person.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona budget

FC Barcelona budget for 08/09 season

Income: 380 million euros
Operating costs: 355 million euros
Operating profit or loss: +25 million euros
Financial and extraordinary profit or loss: -10 million euros
Before tax net profit or loss: +15 million euros

These figures were passed at the Ordinary General Assembly held on September

Source: FC Barcelona official site

In the lights of current global crisis and our low attendance turnout I doubt we`ll manage the 15 mil. profit.

Evil

Shabazz
I´m just happy our debts are almost done, and we´re making profits unlike some other clubs. I heard Madrid have over 500m Euro´s in debt.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
BOIXOS1981 said:
:lol: Boix in catalá is crazy, what a name to have.

Actually it's not. Boig is crazy. The "boixos" name is a pun based on the neighbourhood they were originally from because the plural of boig is bojos.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bad news: Court ruled against Barcelona in the Sogecable case. We will have to pay 60 mil. E as a consequence.
Good news: In another lawsuit, Barca won against Telefonica and will receive 30 mil.

Home of Barca Fans