Do you want Rakitic to stay?

Do you want Rakitic to stay?

• Total voters

Sorin

Get rid asap. His time with Barcelona should've been over last year, yet one year later he's still here.

Edit: One thing I'll give to Rakitic' suporters is the consistency in including Busquets in every fucking thread where we discuss this guy. Experts in whataboutism the whole lot! They can't defend this guy shittines and resort to the jow classic "but, but Busquets is worse". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Legs are gone, he's past it and we still have a manager that will play him regardless of his countless poor performances.

Sell.

malvolio

we have too many "past it" and "talents that haven't confirmed shit" midfielders:

busquets - won't get sold, don't need to go into specifics
rakitic - shite since 2 years ago. sell
vidal - pas it, should have been a one season experiment a la paulinho. sell
arthur - looked promising in his first season. should be better this one
de jong - already bossing our midfield
alena - some promising stuff and some meh games. should give him another season
roberto - nothing special. sell
rafinha- will get injured. sell
puig - promising talent. should get 1-2 seasons to prove something

so, i would get rid of 2-3 players and maybe add someone different. ndombele would have been great. van de beek? or someone more physical?

I will accept him staying, if he is willing to be used as a rotation player. I respect the guy, he has always been a professional with good attitude.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Voted yes only because he is not our biggest problem but people are projecting Valverde's issues trough Rakitic. If Busi wasn't a club legend he should be the one to go before Rakitic. People are totally unfair towards him but fuck it I suppose there is no point in discussing that here since no one cares.

That being said if he has an offer from Inter or PSG he should accept it ASAP since 90% of Barca fans want him out and for me that would be enough to go. Problem is we don't have a midfielder who can score goals if he leaves together with Cou but I suppose if we buy Neymar we'll play with 3 DM players so I only hope that will work out for us.

Last summer we made a terrible mistake when we didn't sell him for 90 mil but that doesn't matter now.

We never got a 90m offer for him. It was all talk by his agent for him to get a new contract. Never once did you see L'Equipe, RMC or Le Parisien with sources of their own claim PSG wanted to sign him, and for 90m too.

And why should Busquets go before Rakitic? What's that based on?

Objectively Rakitic as a squad player is good, but neither Valverde or Rakitic himself will accept being a squad player. Remember, he's the one who said his position is already taken meaning he expects to start and if he doesn't........perhaps news will start leaking again like it did when Lucho benched him.

I hate when people say Rakitic shouldn't be blamed. Are we not allowed to criticize his poor performances? You guys are very quick to call out Busquets when someone question Rakitic's poor performances.

As if being slightly less or more garbage than garbage makes you any better.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The thing is he won't accept a bench role.

He made it clear in his recent interviews that he's in the best shape he ever is in and the infamous quote about his position being secure because Frenkie is a different type of player. Imagine the fuss he would kick up behind the scenes if he is forced into a bench role.

Vilarrubi

The thing is he won't accept a bench role.

He made it clear in his recent interviews that he's in the best shape he ever is in and the infamous quote about his position being secure because Frenkie is a different type of player. Imagine the fuss he would kick up behind the scenes if he is forced into a bench role.

That's why it's better for him to leave. Yeah he can be useful in La Liga, but Valverde doesn't have the initiative or tactical awareness to bench Rakitic for CL games if he's our main starter in La Liga.

FCB1987

Banned
Ideally no. But if the choice is between Busi, Vidal, and Rakitic, I would keep the Croatian samurai.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
These are a few reasons why I feel Rakitic should leave.

1. He's been in decline for a couple of years now.

2. He's old but we can still get some money for him, but time is running out here.

3. Can't be benched, his comments about being a sure starter, wanting a pay raise etc. He's turned into a big superstar, not knowing his own abilites.

4. We have to start phasing out the old guys. This year it's Rakitic, next it's maybe Suárez, Vidal or Busi.

5. Selling him "forces" Valverde to find new solutions, to develop our high potential talents rather than depending on the old guard.

To summarize:
It's time to look ahead and try to develop as a club and take it to another level.
Rakitic is NOT a crucial part of the squad anymore. Sure he can add some things but we'll make due without them.
Rakitic is NOT a part of our future. We should sell him when we can.

Hybryd

Banned
I voted NO sir. I want him gone, he should gtfo of here. Is that over now? Mr Zidane, I see you are a true leader here. Can you email these results to the board?
And if its not a big trouble, can you tell them that Hybryd asked for DE JONG - ALENA - PUIG midfield.
Thanx.

Givenchy

voted no ofcourse.

Raki isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out on here BUT he has no place starting in a team aspiring to win a CL. most of this, once again, is Valverdes fault for playing him in every match in the Raki-Busi combo which is a disaster. as an option off the bench i still feel he could offer something but we all know if he stays thats not gonna happen.

Rakitic should leave this summer and Busquets should leave next summer

Home of Barca Fans