Shirt Sponsorship

il pepe

I'm also very much against those shirtsponsors.

But the question is, if we're be able to keep up with the other teams economically. 20 million a year, is a hell of a lot of money!
It's almost an extra good player every year, in comparison to us.

I like the unicef initiative very much, and it just underlines the 'mes que un club' statement.
IMO, this can continu, although i like the UNICEF logo a bit smaller, up to the size like our badge.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
we will never have a BIG sponsor on our shirt most our sponsors understand this will not happen and are content with signs in the stadium and what not

Heath Newton

ahaha, I was only kidding! the unicef thing, while a nice gesture, is obviously a publicity stunt. some have even mooted that it's testing the waters for having an actual shirt sponsor, but we'll see about that. the unicef deal expires in 2 years, so our new prez will be one year into their seven year term, we'll see how it gets handled.
madrid don't have 7 year president terms do they? how come it's different at barca, and is there a particular reason behind it?

in any case, while it may have been a publicity stunt it does, at the very least, send out a good message (and it's catchy, villa had a kid's hospital name on their shirt) and give free publicity to a charity very much worthy of it. better than giving publicity to booze, an airline, electronics and insurance (the big four), gambling, tires, cars (the big three) and gambling again (the great satan's minions)!
like the french horse chestnut champion, i concur.
and saying all that, your new sponsor is aon!
what are we like? and how the fuck do they do it? it's even bigger than the last "biggest" deal they struck, and in these times too !!
what is it with united and evil corporations? I suppose it's the glazer influence. evil dwarf.
it's the badge don'tchaknow ;)
and the world economy was broken on purpose? que?
a lad on a different forum is a big conspiracy theory guy and some of the stuff is palpable bilge, but when you see the coincidences between now and the 30s recession it's Rod Serling time again.
don't really believe it myself, but if you're in the right mood/frame of mind there aren't half some plausible theories.
and yes, collective bargaining is awesome. although the non4 clubs in england have all that money yet still manage to play dour football, win fuck all
mildly sweeping generalisations aren't usually your thing Meta. :hmmm: :)
We never abandoned them, because we were never with them in a joint agreement, unlike United et al who left the football league and smaller teams in a shower of shite when they ended even distribution of gate receipts and then broke away to form the PL.
it wasn't quite a shower of shite, and they got with ITV Digital after a while,and when that went tits up it really messed a lot of teams up (more than the formation of the PL) who had spent in advance of cash arriving that didn't come.
being forced to restructure THEN, set the lower 70 clubs back a fair bit tbh.

plus, surely such a principled club couldn't be so self centred as to blatantly not give 2 shits about everyone else ? :p;) ;)
at least we got into bed with 21 others. like the slut that we are. :eek:

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I like the Unicef sponsorship and would like us to keep it, more clubs should follow Barca & Villa's example.

B

blueduck

I like the Unicef sponsorship and would like us to keep it, more clubs should follow Barca & Villa's example.

Although it is a nice gesture to have a charity on the shirt, it means that Barca are losing out on about £15-£20 million a season.

Just think of the players you could get with that.....

E

Esteve

Although it is a nice gesture to have a charity on the shirt, it means that Barca are losing out on about £15-£20 million a season.

That's a proper Citeh post :lol: (joking :))

BlaugranaGirl

I don't care. I'd rather lose out on the money and keep our dignity.

I think the Unicef deal should continue because I think we're setting a great example with it but...I wish we could put their name somewhere else on our shirts. Like on the sleeve or something. It still feels weird seeing a name emblazoned across our beautiful blaugrana shirts. [/shallow]

Moe