Shirt Sponsorship

PaulFCB

Banned
I simply hate the idea we can't buy the shirts with no UNICEF on them...thats all. I just hate that the shirts have to be messed up like this.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
at least unicef is hellping the earth i would hate to have something on there like ARABIC PETROL

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
what if we sponsored real madrid and there jersey said FC BARCELONA on the front...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the champions league final, in terms of shirt sponsors, was a children's charity vs. the company that broke the world economy.

:D

Heath Newton

the champions league final, in terms of shirt sponsors, was a children's charity vs. the company that broke the world economy.

:D

:rolleyes: i'll bite a little.

we have unicef as our main charity, but rather more classily, don't flaunt it shamelessly in people's faces. :p
i'm sure you know the saying, "we do a lot of work for charity but don't like to talk about it". ;)

plus, i think you'll find that the world economy was broken on purpose, but :shh: don't tell anyone. ;)

and maybe if you were noble enough to have not abandoned all the lower, less saintly teams, by hoarding all the tv money you got when you thoughtlessly cast them aside like unwanted babies,:sad: then you might have to have a shirt sponsor if the 12 other MAJOR SPONSORS you've got didn't contribute enough to make up the shortfall.

:wave:

article on just this topic. don't know if you've read it. :unsure:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
:rolleyes: i'll bite a little.

we have unicef as our main charity, but rather more classily, don't flaunt it shamelessly in people's faces. :p
i'm sure you know the saying, "we do a lot of work for charity but don't like to talk about it". ;)

plus, i think you'll find that the world economy was broken on purpose, but :shh: don't tell anyone. ;)

and maybe if you were noble enough to have not abandoned all the lower, less saintly teams, by hoarding all the tv money you got when you thoughtlessly cast them aside like unwanted babies,:sad: then you might have to have a shirt sponsor if the 12 other MAJOR SPONSORS you've got didn't contribute enough to make up the shortfall.

:wave:

article on just this topic. don't know if you've read it. :unsure:

ahaha, I was only kidding! the unicef thing, while a nice gesture, is obviously a publicity stunt. some have even mooted that it's testing the waters for having an actual shirt sponsor, but we'll see about that. the unicef deal expires in 2 years, so our new prez will be one year into their seven year term, we'll see how it gets handled.

in any case, while it may have been a publicity stunt it does, at the very least, send out a good message (and it's catchy, villa had a kid's hospital name on their shirt) and give free publicity to a charity very much worthy of it. better than giving publicity to booze, an airline, electronics and insurance (the big four), gambling, tires, cars (the big three) and gambling again (the great satan's minions)!

and saying all that, your new sponsor is aon!

what is it with united and evil corporations? I suppose it's the glazer influence. evil dwarf.

and the world economy was broken on purpose? que?

and yes, collective bargaining is awesome. although the non4 clubs in england have all that money yet still manage to play dour football, win fuck all and completely mishandle promising talents and established professionals. makes you wonder what they're doing with it all.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
and maybe if you were noble enough to have not abandoned all the lower, less saintly teams, by hoarding all the tv money you got when you thoughtlessly cast them aside like unwanted babies,

We never abandoned them, because we were never with them in a joint agreement, unlike United et al who left the football league and smaller teams in a shower of shite when they ended even distribution of gate receipts and then broke away to form the PL.

Home of Barca Fans