Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Agreed. Who would you sign for that position though? There were recent rumours about Pervis Estupinan who I like but at 22 he has only played for smaller La Liga/Segunda teams so far so I doubt he'd ever be good enough. Another one is Michal Karbownik who is a 19 yo midfielder converted to a LB a year or so ago so not much experience at the position and he's also right-footed which isn't ideal for a LB. He would be cheap so maybe he's still worth a risk. Buy and send him on loan to Betis for two years and see how he'll do. Or just buy a winger from MLS and convert him, maybe we'll get lucky as Bayern did with Davies.

Personally I wouldn't mind swapping Semedo for Alaba who would be a serious competition for Alba for next few years and could eventually phase him out of the team. Then we'd have 2-3 more years to find our potential longterm LB. But this is very unlikely so next season I'd just stay with what we have and give more minutes to Firpo who could do better in a full year under his former coach.

I don't know about specific players tbh.

We need to look more at a player's traits and suitability rather than how "talented" he supposedly is. How tall he is, and all that rubbish. I feel like Real Madrid's scouting or decision making process is way more refined. They seem to target and sign players with the right traits for the positions they sign and the style they want to play.

We're way more random like Man Utd.

With younger prospects I'd disregard how good they're defensively. That's something that comes with experience and maturity for most FBs.

Great speed and dribbling would be the first two things I'd look for. If the player got the right mentality and makes an effort at improving he can improve to be a complete FB and good defensively later.

That's what makes Dest such an interesting prospect. If you're looking for a FB that's good or great defensively in the age of 18-23 then you're gonna keep looking forever.

It's easier to learn how to position yourself, read the opponent defensively than get really good or great attacking-wise.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Comparing full backs Real are not doing anything great.

They have paid decent money for Ordiozola, Hernandez both of whom were not good enough.

Mendy has a lot to improve on going forward and lost his place to a past his best Marcelo

That is over 100m in fullbacks in past few seasons that have not returned much but early for Mendy yet.

Danilo before them was another poor one.

Real transfers get massively over played and dont show any great deal of planning to be looking up to. They are trying to buy the best young Brazilians going as hit by what happened with Neymar.

FinBarcelonafan

Comparing full backs Real are not doing anything great.

They have paid decent money for Ordiozola, Hernandez both of whom were not good enough.

Mendy has a lot to improve on going forward and lost his place to a past his best Marcelo

That is over 100m in fullbacks in past few seasons that have not returned much but early for Mendy yet.

Danilo before them was another poor one.

Real transfers get massively over played and dont show any great deal of planning to be looking up to. They are trying to buy the best young Brazilians going as hit by what happened with Neymar.

Yet I like their model better than ours. Although I was in the same boat with everyone when we bought Dembele and Coutinho. Since then things have changed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well RM make more mistakes then us but also always can resell players because they are young.

I am not sure about Real Madrid making more mistakes than us, at least when it comes to full backs. Danilo and Mendy (might still be early to have a verdict on) might be considered flops but they are better than the likes of Douglas and Wague etc. and they clearly have much better options than us (Hakimi, Reguilon and Odriozola) in addition to their existing players like Carvajal, Marcelo and Mendy.

JamDav1982

I am not sure about Real Madrid making more mistakes than us, at least when it comes to full backs. Danilo and Mendy (might still be early to have a verdict on) might be considered flops but they are better than the likes of Douglas and Wague etc. and they clearly have much better options than us (Hakimi, Reguilon and Odriozola) in addition to their existing players like Carvajal, Marcelo and Mendy.

Regulion came through youth system as did Hakimi so neither were bought which is the discussion.

Ordiozola they paid up to 35m for he barely plays... then is sent on loan... and barely plays at all. He is not good enough and not a good option.

Imagine Barca signed him for that and then he barely plays and goes on loan folk would be going nuts.

For Wague and Douglas Barca have also bought Semedo and Emerson which will cover any loss on those two.

Real have spent big money on fullbacks that dont look great. If going back to Douglas lets put Contraeo in mix. Paid big money and he ended up leaving on a free.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just casually wearing a Barca jacket on Instagram lol.

EYuZyvAXkAY18Ss

vuji_31

Get him.

Look Alphonso.he is young but great.

He can be good also. Bayern wants him so that means he have good scouting reports

Messi983

According to MD Ajax have rejected Bayern's loan with a buy option offer for Dest.

Probably BS. I think RB will be one of Bayern's priorities this summer and they surely can afford to spend 20-25m on Dest.

Riordon

Probably just MD trying to link potential targets to other clubs in order to hype them. Refuse to believe Bayern won?t pay 20m if they find him good enough

khaled_a_d

Probably just MD trying to link potential targets to other clubs in order to hype them. Refuse to believe Bayern won?t pay 20m if they find him good enough

Well, Bayern is not into best financial position either (like most clubs) and they might have other targets who they want to spend money on them.

Well, Bayern is not into best financial position either (like most clubs) and they might have other targets who they want to spend money on them.
Exactly. They want Sane and Havertz, so nothing wrong with at least trying to loan Dest.

Compared to most clubs, Bayern have a fantastic financial position, as they generate profits every year since decades and have a full cash account, especially after the big money move for Sane fell through last summer with the stupid ligament rupture and now they will get him for a fracture of that sum.

soul24rage

I'd rather spend the 20 million that we going to use on E. Garcia on Dest.

Swap Semedo for E. Garcia + cash.

Play any CB combination of Lenglet, Araujo or Garcia with Dest as the RB.

Home of Barca Fans