Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

Vilarrubi

'Barca alway sign end product and never sign potential for future'.

Barca sign younger player with potential.... Barca are 'mediocre FC'.

Same old nonsense.

Spot on. Fans complain when we’re making 100m signings, when we make cheaper or “future prospect” signings like this one and when we promote B team players. Can’t win :lol:

Campos

20 mil isn't a lot of money in current market. But this guy isn't Barca material.
Yes, in the highlights he looks like a young Dani Alves. He has the tricks, the skills, the street football mentality. But he isn't good at defending. He still has a LOT to learn.

Can't blame him tho. If you are 20, Barca wants you. You can't say no. But yes, he won't play much. Maybe against low tier teams. But he will get destroyed against midtable/top teams.

He had a few good games at Ajax. And now Barca is getting him.. Based on what ? A few great akkas and pannas ?. Koeman will be gone by christmas.

Vilarrubi

20 mil isn't a lot of money in current market. But this guy isn't Barca material.
Yes, in the highlights he looks like a young Dani Alves. He has the tricks, the skills, the street football mentality. But he isn't good at defending. He still has a LOT to learn.

Can't blame him tho. If you are 20, Barca wants you. You can't say no. But yes, he won't play much. Maybe against low tier teams. But he will get destroyed against midtable/top teams.

He had a few good games at Ajax. And now Barca is getting him.. Based on what ? A few great akkas and pannas ?. Koeman will be gone by christmas.

Why are Bayern after him too? Same as Barca?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This Bayern worship is crazy on this forum. It's not like they paid 80 million for Theo. Add to the fact that Bayern have Pavard and potentially Kimmich while we have fucking Bob as RB.

Campos

Why are Bayern after him too? Same as Barca?

Because he's from the Ajax academy. The Ajax academy has a reputation for churning out topclass, young talents. But Ajax talents should only leave if they are good enough for the first team. And he wasn't even a starter. So i think this is kinda a strange move.
He has the potential. But he's far from a finished product. Don't think Barca need that kind of talents at the moment.

Just my opinion. But time will tell how he'll develop.

Vilarrubi

This Bayern worship is crazy on this forum. It's not like they paid 80 million for Theo. Add to the fact that Bayern have Pavard and potentially Kimmich while we have fucking Bob as RB.

Kimmich is CM now, taken Thiago’s place. So at a minimum Dest would be second choice RB to Pavard and Pavard isn’t that special.

Bayern have had the odd bad signing as does anyone, but I trust their sporting department better than ours, it’s not worship. It’s just reality, seeing the trash we’ve bought over the last few years. On top of that they bought Davies from MLS, now he’s arguably best LB in the world. Not saying Dest will be anything like that, but it’s positive.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Kimmich is CM now, taken Thiago’s place. So at a minimum Dest would be second choice RB to Pavard and Pavard isn’t that special.

Which is why I said potentially Kimmich. Because if Pavard doesnt work out they can still move Kimmich back to Rb and play Tolisso as a Midfielder.

As people said Dest can obviously improve since he is 19 , but currently the things he showed are nowhere near Barca level and he never was the clear starter at Ajax. But sure fans always love to complain which is why the signings we made the past years are absolutely tearing it for us.

xxxxxx

We can't hope for miracles from a young and an inexperienced defender. He's not going suddenly save us.

But I wish him the best.

khaled_a_d

Which is why I said potentially Kimmich. Because if Pavard doesnt work out they can still move Kimmich back to Rb and play Tolisso as a Midfielder.

That will be huge downgrade for them.

As people said Dest can obviously improve since he is 19 , but currently the things he showed are nowhere near Barca level and he never was the clear starter at Ajax. But sure fans always love to complain which is why the signings we made the past years are absolutely tearing it for us.

Dest will come for a fee we use for a back up signings.
The market for RB position is awful tbh, I wish they were capable of getting an elite RB (whether expensive one or hidden jewel) but we either don't have resources or the scouting for it.
So considering this, getting a 20M young RB with good potential, who can play as LB if needed, isn't a bad deal if he even can reach a back up level.

Home of Barca Fans