Sergiño Dest (loaned to PSV)

soul24rage

He's just turned 20, shown what he can do and has only been at a new country in less than 4 months in a club that's in its biggest turmoil in a decade.

I certainly give him time.

Bobo32

I think he is doing OK. He will never be the solution on the right but he is performing decently enough, similar to Semedos level.
His age and his move from another country can be taken into account, but you should also be aware that Ajax is the most similar club to Barcelona, and he isn't looking like a young player that will likely improve by a lot - he is physically fully developed already and probably won't ever be much 'smarter' as a player

JohnN

Dest looks much better than Semedo already. He is 20 and already had games when he terrorized defenders. Also, he is always pretty neet defending.
Semedo, in all his time here, barely had a good game, let alone a stand out game. No comparison.

Bobo32

"Age is a number"
Sometimes it matters, and sometimes lack of experience matters, but as I wrote I don't see it regarding Dest. He probably won't improve very much, but I agree he is probably already slightly better than Semedo.

I think Semedo was very OK as well, we just grew tired of him. He obviously lacked Barca-DNA and he was so much worse compared to Alves, but he usually handled his attacker well, and he joined the attacks the whole game and could dribble his way out of most situations. It was just that he constantly was too slow in his decisions combined with cowardlyness - he tried to play simple but couldn't do it well enough.

I think when Dest is 22 or 24 or 26 we will have grown tired of him as well, and claim he never had a stand out game, even though he "looked promising" when he arrived. I might of course be wrong

JohnN

Semedo has always been labeled as "ok" and nothing more. Dear surely has more potential. Whether he fulfils that potential is another conversation and we simply cannot guess.

serghei

He's a good player that makes mistakes a bit more often than he should, probably because of his age. Talent is there, and I think he is smart and a good professional. No reason why he won't improve and make a future for himself here.

nibarcafans

Looked really dead on his feet in extra time. Sloppy touches and passes but not unexpected playing 120 mins after not having played for weeks

Home of Barca Fans