Filipe Luis

Warik

21063_news.jpg

Sport says we've initiated contact with Deportivo over signing this kid. He is an ex-Madrid Castilla player though only on loan to them...

Height: 1.82m (5ft11 and a half)
Position: Left Back

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
MD says the same, apparently the clubs had a discussion at the Riazor regarding a potential transfer. TBH I don't know anything about the kid as I don't watch a lot of Depor.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
while I don't watch depor (why would I? gah!) this kid is supposedly very good.

and let's be honest, he can't be worse than abidal!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Eric Abidal has had a very solid season, people seem to let the previous season cloud their judgement of our left-back. I for one am happy to have Abidal so long as he has a decent understudy who can keep the pressure on him for his place.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Robben made him look like a tard. Abidal is not up to it, though there are worse. I think this kid was on loan at Ajax when he was younger from Brazil, remember seeing him on Futbol Mundial years ago. Didn't really know he came good but always looked like he had decent technique and he is bigger than I thought too.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Eric Abidal has had a very solid season, people seem to let the previous season cloud their judgement of our left-back. I for one am happy to have Abidal so long as he has a decent understudy who can keep the pressure on him for his place.

he's excellent on the cover, so as long as he's just covering puyol or something he's had a great season. however when he has to defend his flank he's fucking atrocious. ffs he got turned inside-out by PALANCA. twice!!

il pepe

Good traget.
Although i'm still very happy with Abidal.
But we have no coverage for that left back position. So it seems we're looking for the right players...

beef-supreme

Abidal's our most technically-inept player but at the same time he provides an important balance and is solid in the tackle. However, now that Sylvinho has gone we still do need a LB

JALJM

Guardado is excellent...as a winger, don't see him doing much defending for Depor.
Also, i'm happy with Abidal but he's not great one-on-one against skilfull wingers. So long as he gets defensive help from Henry/ Iniesta, he's fine though.
Tbh, there aren't that many great defensive left-backs in Spain, or maybe it's that we have so many good wingers, that full-backs always get embarrassed...

Home of Barca Fans