Turn of the tide?

• Yes

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
La Liga is more entertaining but the English will be the leader for the next 5 years at least.

Galning

English teams just buy and buy and buy. So does Madrid.

Barça is different.

Eitherway, I don't think things will change.

E

Esteve

No. Absolutely not. The top four in England (maybe not Arsenal) & Barça are the only teams I can see winning the CL in the near future. Forget Madrid.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
No. Absolutely not. The top four in England (maybe not Arsenal) & Barça are the only teams I can see winning the CL in the near future. Forget Madrid.

I disagree, I think within two years madrid will be a force in Europe once again and the list of potential winners will be; Barça, madrid, Inter, Juve, Man Utd, Chelski, Liverpool. Plus there's always the chance of a surprise package coming through like Porto in 2004.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We buy a shit load as well, remember. Over 30 million on a RB!

It's a different kind of buying though isn't it? Clubs like Chelski and Madrid rely on outside investment and creative economics to fund their spending sprees whilst ourselves, Liverpool and United et al. spend more within our means. There's nothing wrong with spending big if you can afford it and the money is the club's money, what I object to is sugar daddies etc creating a false economy.

Tomba11

I voted Yes. Many things point in that direction.
There will be a better balance between La Liga and Premier League in a few seasons.
But Serie A has finally dropped to number 3 now.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Teams in the subcontinent have been turning their backs on test cricket for years so that they can play endless ODIs against each other. It's a shame that a part of the world which has produced so many fine players is abandoning cricket for whackit.

S

Snyde

Test cricket may be good/real cricket etc. but that doesn't interest anyone at all. I didn't know a single person in my uni who had seen every single ball in a test match. That's in a country thats absurdly crazy about cricket. That kinda thing goes on to support that old idea that test cricket is dead and only interests those who play it or care about cricket alot.

I don't give a rats ass about cricket personally so T20 is the only thing that even mildly interests me. It's a bit of a joke ATM because of zero integrity but it gives you what parts in an ODI I'm ever willing to watch i.e begining and ending 10 (-ish) overs.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Watch the 5 ashes matches this summer played in front of packed grounds for every day of the tests and then tell me test cricket is dead. Nobody watches every ball of a test match, it's not possible when people are at work or school for three days of the event. No offence snyde but you seem to have very little attention span which is obviously why you like whackit.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
EPL will remains as the number one league in the world, well at least for 2 or 3 years from now. They simply have the best knowledge in managing a football club. And I think England national team will remain 'un-trophy'. Why? just ask the english supporter.

Home of Barca Fans