Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Spanish Super Cup

  1. #16
    Member
    michelco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    429
    Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,052
    Quote Originally Posted by michelco View Post
    Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival
    That's just a disgrace from the organization.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    Totally pointless.Should play with the B team.
    True.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by michelco View Post
    Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival
    Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,052
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.
    or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.

  6. #21
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    30,840
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post


    Don't know what's worse. Playing semis or playing in a shithole

  7. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,754
    Ah so they came up with a scam that inserts teams that don't even technically have right to super cup. :rubbinghandsintensifies:

  8. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,397
    So bullshit lmao

  9. #24
    Junior Member
    IvanAtanasov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    65
    football is turning into prostitution...
    "Cruyff killed me in front of the rest of the team and then in private he told me that I was the best." (Hristo Stoichkov)

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,123
    What a mickey mouse cup this has turned into. I wonder how happy the Madrid teams will be if they win, knowing they weren't even close to winning Liga or Copa last year.

    We shouldn't prioritise this, doing so will probably cost us in the long run.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,091
    Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,123
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!
    The Saudis most definitely inserted a star players-clause. Money will prevent teams from playing with the reserves.

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,091
    If so, let's make sure to play Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal and Sergi Roberto. All star players according to Valverde.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.
    I wonder how much LaLiga nets from this. Must be a lot to come up with such a bullshit plan.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    The Saudis most definitely inserted a star players-clause. Money will prevent teams from playing with the reserves.
    True. We will go with the top roster. No way Saudis would want to watch 11 Alena's play.