Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Super Cup

Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival

Quote Originally Posted by michelco View Post
    Barca and Real get 9 ME each for participating. Valencia get less than 3 ME despite being Cup champions. They have lodged an official complaint to take the issue to court. Rumours about Valencia boycotting the whole thing as it plays in La liga the 5th of January and are required to travel to Suadi Arabia and play Real on the 8th with not much rest and significantly lower economic incentive than its rival
    That's just a disgrace from the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    Totally pointless.Should play with the B team.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by michelco View Post
    Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Yeah that's bullshit. Pay all the teams the same.
    or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post

Don't know what's worse. Playing semis or playing in a shithole

Ah so they came up with a scam that inserts teams that don't even technically have right to super cup. :rubbinghandsintensifies:

Banned

So bullshit lmao

football is turning into prostitution...
    "Cruyff killed me in front of the rest of the team and then in private he told me that I was the best." (Hristo Stoichkov)

What a mickey mouse cup this has turned into. I wonder how happy the Madrid teams will be if they win, knowing they weren't even close to winning Liga or Copa last year.

We shouldn't prioritise this, doing so will probably cost us in the long run.

Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Just play the B team. No problem if we lost playing with our reserves, our main rivals may not see it that way, go all for it and get tired in the process. Win Win!
    The Saudis most definitely inserted a star players-clause. Money will prevent teams from playing with the reserves.

If so, let's make sure to play Rakitic, Busquets, Vidal and Sergi Roberto. All star players according to Valverde.

Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    or better yet, just remove ATM and RM. It'll reduce the $ that Barca and Valencia would get, but it would sicken me if the Madrid teams were to win this competition when they didn't win La Liga or the Copa del Rey.
    I wonder how much LaLiga nets from this. Must be a lot to come up with such a bullshit plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    The Saudis most definitely inserted a star players-clause. Money will prevent teams from playing with the reserves.
    True. We will go with the top roster. No way Saudis would want to watch 11 Alena's play.