Diego Maradona

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
HAHA I was just about to paste all that. What he said about Pele is one of the most epic quotes of the year. Diego Maradona = GOD.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maradona deserves the praise for marking the WC as the most interesting personality of the competition.
Also, for refusing to give in to "tactical schemes" and going by his intuition and believing blindly in his dream. (Using euphemisms rarely felt so right.)
It's hard to hate the guy and I will miss him.

nebeer

Love is All
Maradona deserves the praise for marking the WC as the most interesting personality of the competition.
Also, for refusing to give in to "tactical schemes" and going by his intuition and believing blindly in his dream. (Using euphemisms rarely felt so right.)

Absolutely spot on Bojan. Well put.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Well said, I thank Maradona for ultimately not giving in to cynicism. I don't want him coaching Argentina in next year's Copa America though.

nebeer

Love is All
Can anyone say where can I get a Barca's Maradona shirt, from the time when he used to play for us?

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
Amazing player, I think the only thing keeping this man from being called "the best" by everyone was his personal battles. None the less, an amazing player, and an all around colorful guy in general!

nebeer

Love is All
Amazing player, I think the only thing keeping this man from being called "the best" by everyone was his personal battles. None the less, an amazing player, and an all around colorful guy in general!

To me, he is the best in spite of his personal battles. It's actually way more harder to have played like the way he did even though he was struggling with drug problems. It takes lot of determination and will power to overcome the kind of obstacles he has in life.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal

Yeah...as a player, was a genius... as a man... to forget!

nebeer

Love is All
I think in the documentary called "Downfall of a God", I watched Maradona say something like "I'm dirty but the ball is clean". He said that with such intensity that I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes.

M

maradona10

Well clearly I idolise Diego, always will.

In my opinion, from the people I've spoken to over the years, the critisism and slander towards his personal life come from those who dont want to rate him as the best footballer because they simply have no arguement or valid points to make towards his game of football.

I've not got a grudge against Pele, Criujff or anyone else who wants what I believe is Maradona's title for good, I just personally think with no biased at all that Maradona was the most entertaining, skillfull, effective and influencial footballer that I've seen play.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Who cares about his personal life. We're not impressionable kids, for a footballer, football is all that matters. You can criticize a footballer's personal life all you want but that shouldn't come into consideration when you're judging his footballing abilities.

Home of Barca Fans