Diego Maradona

F

Flavia

Maradona after plastic surgeries :facepalm: He looks like a woman..

maradona_2.jpg

wat? :lol:

Did he had lip injections? are there more pics?

Leo_Messi

Maradona after plastic surgeries :facepalm: He looks like a woman..

maradona_2.jpg

Madre mia.:lol:

What an embarrassment!

Still the best player to date pound for pound IMO. A shame that he did not stay longer at FCB and that he did not take his career as seriously as most modern day stars do. He could have been even better.

Interview with another legend, Ronaldo.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Not old enough to have seen Maradona live but he always has struck me as having a huge ego and just generally looks like a self centred arsehole.

Messi is the GOAT though.

Leo_Messi

Not old enough to have seen Maradona live but he always has struck me as having a huge ego and just generally looks like a self centred arsehole.

Messi is the GOAT though.

Neither have I but I have watched a lot of footage and read a lot of opinions from people (experts, former players etc.) that have seen both players in action.

I don't personally care about that much about the personal character of a footballer. I watch football to see footballers play. What they do besides playing football is not something that I care much about.

Besides I like people with a strong personality and Maradona is one such person. He does not strike me as a unpleasant person either. I don't know him though obviously.

To me Maradona had the bigger talent but I would rather have Messi on my team as he is very, very close to Maradona's top level but just much more consistent.

Maradona had too many off-field problems and he chose the wrong career path in terms of clubs IMO. If he had played for a top club or 2 for 10 years time he would have won much more on club level.

Still an insanely talented player. I don't think that I have seen a player with such a good technique. It's scary how similar Maradona and Messi are as players. Total opposites in terms of personality though.

:worthy:

Why not enjoy them both? Maradona is a former FCB player. No reason to dislike him at all.

Oh, I just realized that you are from England. That might be the reason why you dislike him.:lol:

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
No that's not the reason I dislike him, although I can see why you might think that. Personally I have no interest in the England National team partly because of my- for want of a better word - political ideals. That's not really relevant but there you are :)

I disagree about talent though. Messi is quite clearly the better of the two in terms of technique and ability IMO. Emphasised by the fact that he has got far more goals and assists than Maradona ever did.

Personality does have an impact on their football. You can tell when a player is more aggressive or arrogant and that comes across in their play (emphasised by CR now). Generally I just prefer players like Messi who, seemingly, want the team to do well more than they want to win themselves.

PS. They are both great players though, can't deny that.

khaled_a_d

Tough to compare 2 players from different eras ,tbh the greatest of all time is a myth IMO
Maradona won the WC even b4 Messi was born .

raki

To me Maradona still takes the title as the GOAT i´ve seen playing. Never seen Cruyff, Pele or Di Stefano. Just in videos.

Home of Barca Fans