Do you want the club to sign Neymar back?

Do you want the club to sign Neymar back?

• Total voters

Alik

What does the majority of the forum think?

I think that in the short-run it would make us stronger, but that it can cause a lot of complications in the future.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Him coming back would only enhance the club de amigos we already have here. His insane wages coupled with the greedy father would exacerbate our wage structure further. I don't miss his on-field theatrics either.

mesiesta

I don't want us to sign Neymar back. But I also don't want Madrid to sign him. Tricky situation.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona need a pacey winger that can beat his man 1v1 and provide some width.

If not Neymar then suggest a better alternative that will improve our team right away.

Vilarrubi

Yes based on the fact that we can’t rely on flops Dembele/Coutinho and we only have Dembele as a true winger in the squad.

DonAK

Think about this logically. Forget Neymar for a moment.

Every top team in the World want or need a player able to penetrate defences through:

1. Providing width with pace
2. The ability to dribble and beat his man 1v1 consistently
3. Being able to operate in close spaces, as most players are good when they have a lot to work with
4. Being aware enough to run into space behind defenders to receive a pass in a good position or pull the defence out of position

Do Barcelona have a player like that right now?

No.

Messi can do 2 and 3, but he's not one to provide width and the danger behind with a sudden burst of pace.

Can Suarez and Griezmann do it? No. I don't even need to ask the question for Coutinho and as for Dembele then he's not even able to control a simple ball, move off the ball into space or do anything with defenders putting pressure on him.

Almost all of our CL rivals have someone with this profile. Even if we change our manager, we need a player with this profile.

Even with a better midfield being able to counter press, we need someone to work the ball into, to threaten the opposition backline and force at least one of their FBs to stay a bit more conservative rather than bursting forward all the time.

If not Neymar, then suggest me one player with all, or most of those characteristics that will improve the team right away.

There's a reason Bayern want to sign Sané, and are desperate to sign him with Man City holding out for 150m. Hazard might be a bit overweight right now, but he has a deceptive burst of pace with the ball glued to his feet.

Sterling is good and getting better at it in Manchester every year. Liverpool have Mané and Salah that can do that. These are probably our closest CL rivals.

Raketa10

No! Club reputation is much more important than a pacey winger. Don't want this clown near Barca ever again.

Last edited:

DonAK

No! Club reputation is much more important than a pacey winger.

How do you think Barcelona's reputation will weaken by signing Neymar? Do you think the football club indicted and convicted for fraud can have their reputation destroyed even further?

In fact, this will probably enhance the club's marketing potential and reputation when it comes to attracting bigger sponsorship deals and the naming deal for the Nou Camp Nou.

Something the club need to compete vs. Petrodollar clubs in the future.

Last edited:

Sorin

Fuck no!

We'll pay top dollar for a player that will most likely miss games to go shag his sister on her birthday, who is most likely to decline in the near future, who might become complacent with the lack of any structure at the club, who is at risk of becoming an injury prone player considering the injuries he had in the last 2 years(on the same metatarsal). Tough it out for 1 or 2 years until a new board and hopefully a good manager comes, go for the next batch of world class players like Sancho, Havertz, whoever becomes available(Mbappe) or levels up in the meantime. And for what? For the luxury of going through hell and back for a snake? It won't even guarantee us the CL or the fucking league, especially with the average manager we have on the bench for at least one more year. No brainer if you ask me.

Marshall D Teach

Yes, if:

1) Coutinho and Rakitic go the other way
2) He publicly apologizes to the fans
3) He takes a lower wage than what we were paying him before
4) He regains his 2015 form
5) He forgets about going to his sister's birthdays

Lots of ifs, so I voted no.

Givenchy

100% yes

I don't even like Neymar and the way he left us and tried to sue us.. the guy was a grade A fucking cunt BUT hes a generationally talented cunt. right now, the only way we are winning a CL under this fraud of a manager is relying on individual quality alone. the only player currently able to do that is Messi and we all see what happens when he has an off day.. Neymar, love him or hate him, can change a game on his own as we saw in the 6-1 vs PSG

allowing him to join Madrid so we can stand tall with some kind of 'morales' or 'dignity' is ridiculous. this board have burned our reputation to ashes, we can't be this 'righteous' club anymore. La masia is a mess, our transfers are a mess, our ex-president went to jail and we've burned bridges with almost every club we deal with..

so the question is; do we want another season with these bottlers whilst maintaining some strange moral victory? or do we want another CL in the Messi era?

Sorin

100% yes

I don't even like Neymar and the way he left us and tried to sue us.. the guy was a grade A fucking cunt BUT hes a generationally talented cunt. right now, the only way we are winning a CL under this fraud of a manager is relying on individual quality alone. the only player currently able to do that is Messi and we all see what happens when he has an off day.. Neymar, love him or hate him, can change a game on his own as we saw in the 6-1 vs PSG

allowing him to join Madrid so we can stand tall with some kind of 'morales' or 'dignity' is ridiculous. this board have burned our reputation to ashes, we can't be this 'righteous' club anymore. La masia is a mess, our transfers are a mess, our ex-president went to jail and we've burned bridges with almost every club we deal with..

so the question is; do we want another season with these bottlers whilst maintaining some strange moral victory? or do we want another CL in the Messi era?

We didn't get a CL in 4 of the 5 seasons he was here but now with 32 years old Messi, 33 year old Suarez, an older, more injury prone Neymar and mid level EV we are guaranteed a CL? Man, I'd want to have that sort of optimism after the shitshow we served in the last 3 years. And Neymar is supposed to change that?

Very much doubt it. Pep, Klopp, Pochettino are still more likely to run circles around our very own EV than the other way around. Neymar in or not.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
We didn't get a CL in 4 of the 5 seasons he was here but now with 32 years old Messi, 33 year old Suarez, an older, more injury prone Neymar and mid level EV we are guaranteed a CL? Man, I'd want to have that sort of optimism after the shitshow we served in the last 3 years. And Neymar is supposed to change that?

Very much doubt it. Pep, Klopp, Pochettino are still more likely to run circles around our very own EV than the other way around. Neymar in or not.

I agree with most of what you said, but [MENTION=22349]Givenchy[/MENTION] point is still true. We can either accept our fate with EV another season or assemble as many Aces as possible alongside Messi and hope one of them can step up the few nights Messi isn't on Goat mode!

With Neymar+Messi I don't think in a million years we would've blown a 4-1, 3-0 Leads. For that alone I would bring him back!

Home of Barca Fans