User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you want the club to sign Neymar back?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 31.25%
  • No

44 68.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want the club to sign Neymar back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell1978 View Post
    Is that really the case still? I doubt it, his value has dropped massively in the last 18 months.
    It's still the case. Before he got injured he was as good as ever. 5 goals in 6 CL games in a tough group with Napoli and Liverpool. 15 goals (and 7 assists) in 16 games in the league. Since then he has been injured but people talk now as if he was struggling and declining for a long time, for no real reason at all lol.

I understand why people are repelled by a character like him but this reminds me very much of the first time he came here when many people did not want him "because we have Tello" or because he was an unproven from Brazil, next Robinho. I give it 5 - 10 games if he really comes back until people start calling him top 2 in the world again, including everyone who does not want him right now.
    Last edited by The Observer; 12th August 2019 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    It's still the case. Before he got injured he was as good as ever. 5 goals in 6 CL games in a tough group with Napoli and Liverpool. 15 goals (and 7 assists) in 16 games in the league. Since then he has been injured but people talk now as if he was struggling and declining for a long time, for no real reason at all lol.

I understand why people are repelled by a character like him but this reminds me very much of the first time he came here when many people did not want him "because we have Tello" or because he was an unproven from Brazil, next Robinho. I give it 5 - 10 games if he really comes back until people start calling him top 2 in the world again, including everyone who does not want him right now.
    thats his playing level (and debatable) not his overall value which i suspect has declined massively

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted yes.
    Maybe the board will listen to us. What do you think?
    please email the results to the board after the deadline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybryd View Post
    please email the results to the board after the deadline.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not want back. Loved his initial signing (Albeit a dubious one fraught with controversy) & his play for a few seasons but even before he left for PSG I was advocating his sale. He is a gloriously talented footballer but a shit professional, a lousy combination for any team much less Barcelona.

However, quite pleased to see the Qataris in this mess - next it'll be Mbappe. Sadly, it would just mean that the insane transfer market wrecked by PSG would all have been for nothing and could've been avoided
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    He is a gloriously talented footballer but a shit professional, a lousy combination for any team much less Barcelona.
    He's a pretty good professional in terms of his own football preparation, he doesn't mess around, doesn't get unfit. That being said, he's a mare in most other off-the-pitch matters.

Everything depends on who PSG want in return. Madrid could only willingly offer Bale which breaks the move down, but could ultimately work if they really want to just see this out.
    Barca could only offer a forward.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at this point: yes, absolutely. fire valverde and trade in coutinho and whomever else psg want (except ter stegen and messi, obv) to get neymar and win the cl. all-in is what I'd do after these last 2 horrible years!

on the other hand, if we don't get him: probaby a la liga title again (real is a joke and atleti lost their best player) and maybe the cup. certainly not cl and likely not even a semi final this time. as long as valverde is present, only individual genius can save us, and neymar certainly is able to display just that!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. We're covered in attack and it's too much risk in bringing him back. I would've voted yes if PSG wouldn't demand an arm and a leg and he was injury free.

We took a risk with Coutinho - didn't work and he flopped
    We took a risk with Dembele - and the result is so-so, more towards fail (not over yet).

Can't afford to do this in the long run and end hundreds of millions in the hole with nothing to show for. We're not winning the CL with Valverde no matter who we bring anyway, and we're more than equipped to win this coming La Liga with a top class team we already have.
    Last edited by serghei; 16th August 2019 at 02:09 PM.

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On one hand the guy's character is a nightmare. On the other hand, MSN reunited, damn that would be amazing. I mean it was the most devastating/entertaining trio in Barca's history, I would like to see that again, even with declined Suarez.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmaster View Post
    On one hand the guy's character is a nightmare. On the other hand, MSN reunited, damn that would be amazing. I mean it was the most devastating/entertaining trio in Barca's history, I would like to see that again, even with declined Suarez.
    You forgot a declined Neymar and in a way a declined, or at least a worse Messi too.

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorrin10 View Post
    You forgot a declined Neymar and in a way a declined, or at least a worse Messi too.
    Messi and Neymar declined? I don't know about that, even if they did, I still think they could provide very entertaining football.
    Last edited by Ghostmaster; 16th August 2019 at 03:55 PM.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im glad its 70% no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i would not i would rather use the money to rebuild the squad that what we need to do