Paolo Maldini

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
He is held in high regard by everyone obviously, but Baresi is the ultimate god in most eyes & the true captain. Baresi stands tall above anyone.

I can't say, i wasn't watching then.

JamDav1982

That sounds odd. Maldini was boss even while playing with Baresi, Costacurta and co.

Thats what I thought as well at the time.

The way they described it as if some of the fans resented Maldini even being compared with Baresi.

Not sure but think they also mentioned Baresi was more seen as working class and loved by the hard core ultra type supporters.

XaviMessiGirl

A large part of it is because Maldini condemned the behavior of some of the ultras, so they saw him as disrespectful toward "the people who really pay his wages". Curva Sud booed him off in his last match, held up banners against him and praising Baresi as the one true captain instead. Otherwise, I think they would be more equally recognized.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
[youtube][/youtube]His abilities as a defender.
Look at what the great Batistuta, who's my all time fav player, does do him in the 2nd goal.

[youtube]rgLJjkmXPfs&hd=1[/youtube]

That's humiliating.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Lol

Every defender gets owned, do you think they are flawless 100%. It's like Baresi could dominate 89 minutes of a match, get done once, everything is his fault & he has a bad game because of it.

That's the life of a defender, and Batistuta was a WC CF who could do that to anybody.

You really are a numpty

You can do the exact same to every single defender that ever played.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I am sure if you tried hard enough you could find a clip of any defender making a mistake. Most people would love to have a CB like Baresi in their team today.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
LOL

Baresi is the greatest defender of all time. Maldini the greatest left back of all time. Its up to Milan fans how they view their own.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
LOL

Baresi is the greatest defender of all time. Maldini the greatest left back of all time. Its up to Milan fans how they view their own.

Yeah because the man spoke the truth about the braindead thuggish ultra fans, they sure have the right to belittle maldini's legacy?
Not in my book. Maldini is the greatest.

XaviMessiGirl

Even if you take the ultras out of the equation and just ask regular fans who was better, some will still say Baresi. Especially the older fans who were supporting the team when Maldini was still in diapers.

Home of Barca Fans