Dinamo Zagreb

BBZ8800

So yesterday was their first win?

No.
These are numbers from the last few seasons, when they were losing all matches.
Dinamo played in a CL a few times in late 90s and then didn't play for roughly 10 years.
In 90s, they were good, but they had a different name from 1993-2000 during and after a war in Croatia: NK Croatia Zagreb.
For example, Champions league 1998/99:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_UEFA_Champions_League

They finished 2nd in a group stage infront of Porto and Ajax, but back then only a 1st placed team went through and some 2nd placed teams.
Barca was, for example, 3rd in their group that season and got KO'd in a group stage by Bayern and Man Utd who later again played in a final (1:2 for Man Utd in the last 2 minutes).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This might sound strange but I am 100% sure Bjelica is a coach who can manage any top tier football team. He is THAT good! He is a fantastic tactician, has a great personality and he speaks Spanish, German, English, Italian and French. To be fair apart from Olmo he is the biggest star of this team! Fantastic manager! :worthy:

Absolutely. Proud to have him

Catta

Two or three days ago, Mamic brothers went to prison, and tonight they knock out Tottenham. Absolutely mental situation. It seems that gave the players the extra motivation.

Joan

Two or three days ago, Mamic brothers went to prison, and tonight they knock out Tottenham. Absolutely mental situation. It seems that gave the players the extra motivation.

Not really :lol: Zoran was there, celebrating with the boys after the match and Zdravko is still in Medjugorje. I don't think the players have anything 'against' the brothers. In the end, it's their Dinamo who did it. Will count as the biggest success of the Mamic era.

Windhook

I was watching the game vs. Tottenham in a hut in the Rhodope Mountains after hiking, on satellite TV you know, a fireplace, drinking wine and my whole crew rooting for Dinamo to turn this around. The third goal was a really special moment. I love it when Eastern Europe clubs upset the giants. And then they go threatening UEFA they want to form a Superleague, because they have a huge fanbase, thinking they deserve this lifetime right to play in this stupid supreme league because they are popular in South Korea or somewhere else in Asia. The fans don't matter, the players on the pitch do and that's the beauty of the game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Embarrassed to say I missed Chelsea going down at Maksimir.

Shame half of the stadium is non-functional but I hear atmosphere was great nonetheless.

AJMO DINAMO

Home of Barca Fans