11 - Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo

Great vid of one of my favourite players. :) Too bad he's the most underappreciated of the 'Three Rs' . :(

Seriously, he was such a awesome player, when I first really started following Barcelona around 1999-2000 season he was the player I was most amazed by.
IMO he was the reason Brazil won the WC 2002
It was a shame after he left he was not able to succeed at Milan, he did do well in Greek I heard but I was only able to catch glimpses of him on rare occasions when he was in the CL or Uefa cup :(

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Champion of a man. Can't believe he's still playing and scoring plenty of goals! Over 800 games and 400 goals for club and country. Legend or legend? Amazing.

F

Flavia

This legend retired today:

rivaldooficial
Há 2 horas

With tears in my eyes today I would like first to thank God, my family and all the support, the affection that I received during those 24 years as a player. Today I communicate to all my fans in the world , my history as a player came to the end. Just I have to thank the lovely career I have built over this years. There were many obstacles, challenges, waivers, longings, disappointments, but were much greater joys, achievements, growth, change. Sometimes teaching other learning but never lost my focus, always with dedication, determination and direction of God. In this long journey, many people passed through my life, some for a period, other friends who remain until now. I built my career upon a miracle, leaving in Paulista, no financial resources, no businessman, incentives only of my family, discredited by doctors and trainers , saw a distant dream come true. With persistence, dedication and especially with the hand of God, I came to be recognized as the best player in the world, world champion, among many other important titles in the history of football. Among trophies, medals, awards and titles, in a land where everything is consumed, here I leave a story, perhaps an example, but surely a testimony that is worth believing and fighting . " Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever " 1 Cor 9:25

CatalinR10

95.gif

Ron

Old-School
The right player at the wrong time.
I Think Rivaldo was a great player not because of FC Barcelona, but despite of FC Barcelona. sure, he won 2 La Liga titles, 1 Copa del Rey, 1 UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Ballon d'OR, but for a player in his caliber and his magnitude, and by that I mean a great football player and a great, modest person, he deserved better than Barcelona of these years. we owe a great debt of thanks to Rivaldo, for without him, those years would be even sadder than they were. he pretty much carried us on his back and shoulders and every time the grey and under achieving Barcelona would show moments of magic, it would be because of him.

From a long list of foreign players generally, and Brazilians specifically, who played for FC Barcelona, he's definitely one of my favorites. he's not a product of La Masia, and after leaving Barcelona he played for many different clubs, but there's not doubt he will forever be aligned with FC Barcelona and he will forever be one of the most beloved, appreciated and influential players in the history of our club. I think this feeling is mutual.
His passion for football and his modesty should be an example to follow for every active player and for every kid who one day wishes to be a football player.

By the way, my favorite Rivaldo moment wasn't the amazing bicycle kick goal against Valencia. to me, it was the 2 goals he scored in the 2-2 draw with Real Madrid in the Bernabéu which after each one of them, he closed his ears with his fingers and whistled to the sound of Real fans booing him. we should've won the game 3-2 with Rivaldo scoring a hattrick, but an overruled goal from an offside that never existed prevented us with this victory.

A One of a kind professional, a great human being, a true legend!

RIVALDO_PILOTA_D_OR.v1349446271.jpg

Thank you, and good luck in your future endeavors! I wish you'll find your way back to the club, we need people like you as role model for our future generation of FC Barcelona players!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans