11 - Vitor Borba Ferreira Rivaldo

lakiss

Rivaldo was an amazing footballing machine. His physique, power, and speed made him virtually unstoppable. For a very short while it looked like Adriano had these qualities but he quickly went downhill.

Where do you rank him among the best of all times...?

Probably my favourite player. Sorry I created another post. Magical player. He shone in an era when our side sucked. Took us to 2 league titles and had that ability to impose his will on the game. If you wanted someone to break down a parked bus Rivaldo would be the man. Seriously if Rivaldo was in our side against that fucking Inter side he would have destroyed them. Messi got neutralised but Rivaldo physicality and ability to blast daisy cutters from distance would certainly have helped to beat Inter. Fucking legend. Paul Scholes said he was the best he has ever played against and Scholes has played against a galaxy of stars.

Where do you rank him among the best of all times...?

F

Flavia

He was at the training today:

246753_285986041512868_913363793_n.jpg

246605_392395314166274_1664482550_n.jpg

Meitux

ah this player was so great he got many injuries in ac milan and after was starting to dissappear but still a legend for barcelona and his goal against valencia :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Xtroverto

The greatest Brazilian to ever wear the Blaugrana shirt, I personally rate him above Ronaldinho. Unlucky to coincide with the most unbalanced Barcelona team since I began to follow this club back in 1978, he at times carried the team on his own back only to receive the most disgusting treatment from the local media and as a result part of the Blaugrana family turned its back on him. He was called a traitor for his commitment to the Brazilian national team and mercenary when he asked for a raise, Rivaldo who alone saved the club from complete humiliation on a number of times in the Champions league not to mention the fact that we would not even have played there in the first place if it wasn't for him.

Rivaldos departure was the single biggest WTF moment of my 35 years as a culé, here we had one of the best players the club had ever seen and he was kicked out though the back door, booed by his own fans and treated like the plague by the media. Then came the WC and Rivaldo was outstanding, I almost cried when I saw him in the WC, destroying one team after the other, how on earth could we give up on such a player?

Scolari said that Rivaldo was Brazil's best player of the WC 2002, unfortunately his performances were overshadowed by a single stupid move and his greatness forever tainted. Otherwise he would have been elected player of the tournament, Ronaldo scored the goals but Rivaldo was the engine of Brazil, they would never have won without him.

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

good post.

rivaldo was just magcal. one of my favourite moments of him. he just had the abitlity to creat something out of nothing.

Xtroverto

Yea, that second goal when he sends Kily González (nr 18) looking for his own shadow, such a goal only Rivaldo could score. I was right on top of Cañizares on that game, had a perfect view on that last goal. It was really a typical Rivaldo showing, Barcelona was crap, Valencia owned us the whole game and I was sure we would lose, but in typical Rivaldo fashion, when everything was going against the team he showed up. In fact, with the exception of Messi, I've not witnessed another player in Barcelona so often turn up when everyone else was AWOL.

One of his best games was against Real in 2001 when he was robbed by the referee, notice the ref at 5.56, he had a clear view.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans