Alexandre Pato

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
They'd be off their nut to sell really, after losing Kaka, they can't afford to lose Pato too. It's really down to how crazy Silvio is or isn't. He doesn't think the team needs reinforcements, which proves he's pretty much gone loopy.

Last edited:

Galning

They'd be off their nut to sell really, after losing Kaka, they can't afford to lose Kaka too. It's really down to how crazy Silvio is or isn't. He doesn't think the team needs reinforcements, which proves he's pretty much gone loopy.

He just needs the money for hoockers.

Beast

The Observer
with the departure of kaka.. Milan looked like a sinking ship IMO ...
they should be much more active in the market then many.. however they started screwing up by putting Leonardo in charge..

B

blueduck

with the departure of kaka.. Milan looked like a sinking ship IMO ...
they should be much more active in the market then many.. however they started screwing up by putting Leonardo in charge..

Concur, Italian football is going to the dogs. Even the Coca-Cola Championship gets more fans than serie A.

Leonardo has got a huge job rebulding an ageing squad and I suspect he will be Berlusconi's puppet.

Co0ter

A dream signing for me would be Alexander Pato...I hate watching him play for AC Milan, which is an absolute rubbish club now, especially with Kaka gone. I think he's a complete footballer and plays mature football for his age (19). I think he's wasting his talent at Milan where he gets ZERO service and is basically the only spark of life there is on that entire team. I'm scared he wont turn into the player he could be if he stays there. He's creative, has vision, shoots/dribbles with both feet and has a cracking shot. I'd love to see him develop with Barca.

Some of you have mentioned he is over-rated....really?! I think a 19 year old, that has been starting for a major club in a major league since he was 18, that scored 15 goals last year on a crappy team MIGHT be good? Really tho, 15 goals in Serie A with Kaka being hurt and everyone else being age 30+. Watching that kid play up front along Messi/Ibra would be fantastic, not to mention he's only turning 20 and has years and years to further develop at Barca.

We got prospects like Assulin and Bojan who can become great players, but this kid is ALREADY a great player on a shitty club and he's not even 20. I dont think you can compare, not to say the others can't develop and be equally as good or better.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
man a great player would would be perfect up front for us or even on the LW, we missed out big on him

veryfatchocobo

I really think he's better than Bojan from what I've seen. They both have the speed and touch somewhat. What Pato has that Bojan doesn't is the big-game mentality and the strength to fend off defenders. I still don't think he'd be a Central forward in our 4-3-3 though.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
no question pato is better than bojan but i believe if bojan got the playing time pato go he would be about the same and proof of this is bojans strike rate. when he plays he scores but he does not get to play as much as pato does.. but pato will probably still be better for the reason you said above in terms of strength and big game mentality.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pato had it easier developing in Milan as he had a partner in attack, unlike Bojan who was either a sole striker (tough job for a diminutive player) or played on the wing

zanela

For me, Pato is the best striker of his generation. And, i've always rated him higher than Krkić. The boy is amaaaaaazzzzzzzing & i believe he can be a success anywhere, but i'm not too sure about Krkić in that regard.
Pato moved to Europe at 17/18 y.o. Had to adapt to a new place, new environment,the pressure of playing for a big European club right away & not to forget playing for an ageing side. So, no he has not had it easy. But to still 've the strike rate he does is commendable. The boy is a winner & to be starting as a striker for a big club week in week out at such a young age ain't easy. It requires a lot of ability, belief, commitment, talent & right application of that talent...How many strikers of his age would 've the calmness & confidence he did finishing his chances last night?
He is an exceptional talent & to think he'll only get better. I'd love to have him here.:hooray:
Now, compare him to a local boy, came through the youth ranks playing the same system, plays for the best team & the most creative side on the planet. ofcourse, he 'll 've a good strike rate. I'd like to see him do that in a team where he wont be so pampered & wont get as many chances.... And, If he played elsewhere i dont think the barca fans would 've rated him as much as some of them do now. I just dont see him as Barca's future #9.

Beast

The Observer
Bojan problem is that he is not your no 9 .. he is another Raul(very very similar ) he would do well with a 2 forward system playing behind the no 9..

he is very talented and have a future but not in a 4-3-3 unless u accommodate him as a winger but he lose 1/2 his strength

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
pato is brilliant, but it's been proven that, even in a 433, when bojan starts bojan scores.

give sadbrows the same opportunities pato has had as a first-teamer and their success levels would be similar.

he hasn't been that amazing because we haven't NEEDED him to be that amazing.

anyway this is pato's thread, and pato is wicked. he seems to have gelled really with with the milan midfielders as ronaldinho, pirlo, seedorf and even ambro always know where to put the ball for him. and his finishing can be unnerving.

he can be a bit too head-down, though. and to be honest before iker handed him that first goal I thought he had been fairly poor especially considering he was going against marcelo (who can't defend) and milan were constantly giving him the ball.

but the mark of a good striker is to score when you're not playing well and he did that twice.

big talent.

Home of Barca Fans